feedback on new site

• Replies 6
  • Views 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bottles on the initial page load look cool.
I don't like the spacing on the initial page - I have to scroll down to get to the button to actually enter the site.
The newsletter subscription block is in spanish even on english page
The footer is in spanish even on english page
The english version of the Product Philosophy page has a few typos and non-native-speaker-sounding things
Consider making the link to your store pages easier to find - I didn't realize you even had a shop at first.

The basic concept of the site I think is fine. The alternate parallax images and square images with text over them works well for your site.

Hey Esther,

Cool product! and you have done an amazing job to get to the site you have created! I am happy to help with three tips!

1. On the landing page, you have so little content on there, but your user has to scroll! You will want to tighten that up as there may be users who don't scroll. Plus if you are doing marketing and leading people to that page, you don't want them to get stuck as it will cost you money!

2. When i do get to your landing page for English, it took me a moment to realise the blue banner wasn't a clickable link that would take me to a page about your serum. Perhaps move that information to another page "What makes us different" and use that landing page to highlight your products. 

3. You might want to take a step back and ask yourself one simple question. What will my users goal be when they visit my website and give them a couple of really simple avenues they can follow. These will probably be something like "About the products" and "Shop"

I actually wrote an article last night that might help you with getting some ideas for refining your home page as well, Please keep in mind this will take you away to my website: https://siteflame.online/anatomy-of-a-great-home-page-for-your-website/

Hope this helps!

• 3 months later...

The site looks rather nice, but I see a LOT of stylistic issues with text.  By "style," I don't mean typeface (font) or anything like that, but how you treat words.  Just two examples for now:  "Sin perfumes. Vegano"  which appears in the English version as "No fragrances. Vegan"    Why should there be a period after "No fragrances" and not one after "Vegan"?    On this same section/page... you've capitalized formulas and serum.  Why?  On MOST of the site, serum is not capitalized.  There needs to be consistency.   Personally, I prefer downstyle (only the first word of a sentence is captialized).

If you want me to point out more things...  you can write to me: olsondesign [at] icloud [dot] com

Archived