Color Changes

Hey everyone. I am having trouble with the background color of my site. I was just recently informed that with 7.1 you can no longer have say, blog pages be one color and the home page / landing page be another color. So when I change one, the other changes also. I was wondering if anyone has a fix for this issue. 

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you. As far as submitting a background image, I guess my template does not allow this, as the option is not available on any page, other than the home page. Even on the home page, it only allows you to take up the top block of the page with a background image. 

If I use that code, what will happen to my text on said page, as I am sure it will no longer be visible?

@TVNS What you heard is incorrect. 7.1 introduces page sections. A page section can be an entire page or a portion of page and you can color away to your hearts content within reason, before taking on code.  For example, if you create a blog page select edit mode then when your cursor is hovering over the page section (below the header) you will see a 'manage posts' and a 'pencil' icon appear on the upper right-hand corner of the page section. Select > Pencil > Colors and your site color themes will appear. You can set the background color of your blog page only with the color selection. As Tuanphan pointed out earlier, to change you color options and create re-usable color palates you save out of Edit Mode and go to your Home screen> Design> Colors where you can alter the palettes. SQS has videos on backgrounds in their resources section. Backgrounds can be video, photos, or colors. You can break up pages into different sections and use different backgrounds. 

- John

mcgouran.john@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you but if you look at my first post, you will see that the issue I am encountering after a month unbelievably, is that when I change the color of a post, they all change and so does the color homepage. If I change the color of the homepage, the color of the posts change etc. The color change happens site wide. There is no "manage posts", only the pencil and then format / colors option.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm simply trying to change the color of the background of the blog posts to white and the text to black, without changing the background or text of the homepage or any other page.

Archived