Adding a Wishlist

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I am currently building a site for my event rental company and would like to have a wishlist on my site for my clients to choose what they want to rent and send it to me. Is this possible? I am not very familiar with coding and am not too sure how to do this. Thanks for the help.

• Solution

Hi @CindyC

I've produced a wishlist extension for Squarespace that may suit your needs. It replaces the cart with a "wishlist" list that potential customers can submit to you, allowing you to reply with a quotation or invoice.

Please take a look at it and direct message me if you have questions 🙂

wishlist-extension-tile.png.a15f3027fa8cb37a304da685e1ec8229.png

Edited by paul2009
typo

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...

@paul2009 would your wish list work alongside the cart?  I didn't get that sense in the samples..thanks!

I'm actually also shocked it's not within SS's native commerce settings world (for mid-enterprise customers especially!)  Shopify does this really well, clean and gives lots of options in the backend to get data and lists.  

https://apps.shopify.com/i-wishlist

https://wishlist-demo-shopapps.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/boatneck-open-back-dress-in-cream

Edited by Meeeee
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey @paul2009,

I also have an Audio Visual rental company and am currently building our product shop. Rather than sell items, we hire them, so we would like customers to be  able to create a Wish / Hire list that gets emailed to us, without any online payment, so we can follow up their enquiry.

The template we are using is Flatiron. Is your Wish List code compatible with this template? If not, do you know of a way we can adopt this template to create this function?

Any advice appreciated before we spend hours uploading over 300 products and their information.

Many Thanks

John

3 minutes ago, John_Reveries said:

Any advice appreciated before we spend hours uploading over 300 products and their information.

I'll DM you, John.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...
On 10/22/2020 at 12:00 PM, inunzi said:

Did you find an answer yet?

I recently worked for a client. This is not as good as the plugin Paul2009 posted above.
Use the Anything Lightbox Plugin to create a popup containing an Inquiry form, then insert a button to the right of Add to Cart, then set to click on the button that will open a popup.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 5 months later...

I'll respond to your email directly. The best way to log issues is via the support page on our website, as you'll get the fastest response this way. 

• 3 weeks later...

@AnnaG You’ll find details here: Wishlist extension for Squarespace. If you have questions, please contact us via the website or DM.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, thebottomdrawerbridal said:

I want...brides to be able to create a wishlist of their favourite gowns

In accordance with the forum guidelines, I'll send you a private message.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 9:37 AM, whaleysean said:

Hey Paul, also looking for a Wishlist the co-exists with the cart. I'd like clients to have a selection of products selected each month for a subscription to hire products. Is this something you provide? 

You should contact him via message or contact form on his site for faster answer

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 year later...
On 3/3/2020 at 7:06 AM, CindyC said:

I am currently building a site for my event rental company and would like to have a wishlist on my site for my clients to choose what they want to rent and send it to me. Is this possible? I am not very familiar with coding and am not too sure how to do this. Thanks for the help.

Cindy, did you find Paul's extension useful for you? Was it simple to install even with minimal coding experience? 

2 hours ago, HaileyJ said:

@paul2009 does your SS extension work for SS version 7.1? And is this the correct link for purchasing? https://sf.digital/squarespace-product-wishlist 

Hi @HaileyJ

Yes, this is fully compatible with Squarespace 7.1, and you have the correct link. If you have any questions, please reach out to me by direct message or via the website and I'll be happy to answer them. 

Paul

• 1 month later...