nav link to form pop up?

Site URL: https://www.danramsey.co.uk

Help1 :D.  

I have styled the secondary navigation as a button.  I want that to activate the promotional newsletter subscription in brine via a button in the secondary navigation.   I don't want it to pop up at all without peoples choosing.  

Logic tells me there must be a way of getting the nav link to trigger  popup? 

I don't want to use a third party plugin.  When I am already paying x for ss, and in ss there is a tool for creating buttons, creating popups  and collecting emails, I don't see why I should have to pay more when all I need to do is connect two things that already exist. 

If you can help, you will have prevented me wasting even more evenings of my life trying to work it out :-).

regards Dan

...image attached. ignore first which is when I was thinking about the form block, its really triggering the promo block I am interested in: second image

2011147109_Screenshot2020-02-27at19_45_31.png.aed858807f308b05dcf4db66b190539a.png

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 19.50.07.png

Edited by Danram
added image

You need

• use JavaScript to do this. It seems difficult, I will check & let you know soon. I think it can also help me save some money in future ✌️
  • or use plugin to do this. With plugin, you can follow this guide.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Thank you.  I was thinking that it might be something others are interested in.  This is the name I have used to style the secondary navigation in css, if it is of any  help.

.Header-nav--secondary a.Header-nav-item: 

I set secondary nav to inherit primary navigation in ss and then styled it as a button afterwards in css.  Now its a case of trying to make it trigger either the form or the popup.  I think I am right in saying that the popup is the only one set to collect to squarespaces default email collection (?) so maybe triggering that is the thing?  However, if it was the promopopup that we manage to override, I would also like to stop it from ever popping up automatically when arriving on the site.  

My thinking is that this would give us a subscribe button that never goes away, doesn't cost anymore money and doesn't annoy people on landing.

looking forward to hearing how you get on and I would massively appreciate your help. 

regards

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Create a blank page with the newsletter or form block, put it in the unlinked section of your website. In navigation create a link to that page. It isn't exactly a pop up but no code is required. You can put the form on a button on the page but that would mean two clicks for the viewer. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 1 month later...

Some thoughts, 

Could you not just position: absolute your "Open Form" button and put it where ever you want? 

It would not be in the menu but you could have it float at the bottom or the side?  

Make it hide when not scrolling or something so it doesn't block the view? 

Cheers 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/16/2023 at 8:18 PM, anujgupta said:

Hi,  We're using a promotional popup, I want that to active the promotional popup when user click signup button in top navigation, Please suggest the logic how we can do that.

Thanks

pb.png

Not possible with Promotional Popup. You can add a Newsletter Block in Footer, then share url, we can give code to when users click on nav item/button >> open this block

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)