Alternative to stripe

Site URL: https://julesmarius.com/

Hello everyone, 

Well, we have an issue with Stripe, they won't accept our website because they say we have a high risk of disputes on payment. -Which is not true at all- 
I want to precise our website is in french and i highly doubt the american staff from Stripe understood what we really do. Already have more than 20 clients via paypal and still no disputes, we know everyone of them physically, if there's a problem, they will call us. 

Anyways, my question is : Can we connect another payment system than Stripe to accept VISA / MasterCards / AMEX etc... On our website ?? 
If so, how to do it ? 

Thanks for your help

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/15/2020 at 11:47 AM, EJMTrade said:

Can we connect another payment system [other] than Stripe to accept [credit cards] on our website?

If you want to use Squarespace's commerce features (their cart, their checkout, their inventory management, their order confirmation emails, and so on) you can only accept credit cards using Stripe or PayPal. You cannot connect another payment provider for credit cards.

If you don't mind using another company's commerce features, there are other options to consider. One option is to subscribe to a Shopify Lite plan and add Shopify buttons to your Squarespace site. Shopify can then provide the cart/checkout, process the payments (through various companies), manage inventory. I wrote an article on using Shopify buttons with Squarespace. This explains how to accept 'Klarna' on Squarespace, but the principle is the same.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Well, i think there is a misunderstanding of our business from stripe. 

First of all, our website is in french, Second, we have a very uncommon business model : circular economy, to be clear, we sell coffee capsules nespresso type, we 3D print them fill them with good coffee and then sell it to customer, once used, we recover them, wash them and fill them again etc... 

We are small business, we do ourselves the liveries and recovers as so the 3D printing/filling/grinding coffee all of this in a range 40km around us.
We are very close to all our customers, we know each one of them, having a payment dispute has almost no chance to happen, because if there's any problem with our coffee, they will call us. Plus it's very little amounts of money and also, we only work with businesses, no individuals customers. 

What bothers me the most is that Stripe only told us they don't accept it, and they blocked us or blacklisted ever since, and of course without us having any chance of explaining or show exactly what we do.  We have no choice, we just can't use their services period.

We can't contact them on phone or live chat, only with e-mail to which they are not responding.
I created a new account and managed to get someone via e-mail in 15 minutes, explaining the situation, they told me to send an e-mail with the blocked account to which they won't respond ! How wonderful ? 🙂 🙂🙂🙂🙂

I'm gonna try installing shopify, but that's again another 30€/month. 
So we are stuck, and seriously considering taking our website to another platform other than squarespace to be able to finally get credit card payments with of course another service than stripe. 

Does this ever happened to another SquareSpace customer ?

Thanks for your response

Just to clarify @EJMTrade, Shopify Lite is $9 (USD) per month. Full Shopify (to completely replace Squarespace) is $30.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Paul, 

Thanks a lot for your article it has been perfect for putting the buttons on my website. 
I'm just confronting a little issue with it, everything is fine, except that they don't appear on the first time charging the page, i have to refresh once to make them appear. Talked with SquareSpace support about it, they said it may come from the code Shopify gave me. 
Do you have any clue why it doesn't appear right away ? And how to repair ? Would be awesome, thanks a lot

@EJMTrade When you are using a Brine-family Squarespace 7.0 template you need to disable Ajax loading or get a Developer to modify the Shopify code.

Go to Design > Site Styles and uncheck Enable Ajax Loading.

Archived