Jump to content

Hide categories/tags in Squarespace 7.1

Go to solution Solved by Andrius,

Recommended Posts

Hey, does anyone know how to hide categories and tags from Squarespace 7.1?

I'd like to optimise my internal search by using them on blog posts.

Until a solution is found, I've removed all categories and tags from my site.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/5/2020 at 7:06 AM, Andrius said:

 You can hide tags in a blog post on 7.1 adding the following code to Custom CSS:


.blog-meta-item--tags {
  display: none;
}

Hey @Andrius! What if I wanted to move the tags rather than hide them? Is it possible to code .blog-meta-item--tags into a code block so I can insert them anywhere on the page I'd like?

Link to comment
On 5/28/2020 at 1:33 AM, Jahhhd said:

Hey @Andrius! What if I wanted to move the tags rather than hide them? Is it possible to code .blog-meta-item--tags into a code block so I can insert them anywhere on the page I'd like?

Which position? and which plan do you use? (Personal or Business)

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment
  • 8 months later...

Hey, similar but reverse to this. In 7.1, I want the tags and categories in the main events page to show up, instead of only at he bottom of the event's listing page. Any tips there? See screenshots attached.

Ideally tags (or categories) would show up as an element to let users sort events by category. I've marked them in the red boxes. It would be double amazing if one could sort by tag (or categories) at the top of the page too.

The tags DO show up but only when you click the listing, and only at the bottom, it's just not a very useful way to sort the events. Am I missing a setting somewhere for this?

 

 

 

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.27.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.31.32 PM.png

Link to comment
On 2/20/2021 at 3:33 AM, vikpik said:

Hey, similar but reverse to this. In 7.1, I want the tags and categories in the main events page to show up, instead of only at he bottom of the event's listing page. Any tips there? See screenshots attached.

Ideally tags (or categories) would show up as an element to let users sort events by category. I've marked them in the red boxes. It would be double amazing if one could sort by tag (or categories) at the top of the page too.

The tags DO show up but only when you click the listing, and only at the bottom, it's just not a very useful way to sort the events. Am I missing a setting somewhere for this?

 

 

 

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.27.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.31.32 PM.png

Your site is private. Can you setup password & share url again

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/5/2020 at 12:06 PM, Andrius said:

 You can hide tags in a blog post on 7.1 adding the following code to Custom CSS:

.blog-meta-item--tags {
  display: none;
}

And there is a built-in option to hide categories in the section settings

Hi Andrius,

Where do I enter this code in version 7.1? Am not a coding person and so I can see that there are a few places in the website where I could potentially add code to Custom CSS.

 

Would I add the above code to hide the tags in my blog posts, here?

  • Blog Settings>Advanced>Post Blog Item Code Injection>Blog Post Item Code Injection>
 

Have attached screenshot of that location, too.

 

Thank you in advance!

Best

Angie

 

Blog tag hiding.png

Link to comment

@Angie123

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS. This would be a site-wide effect.

If you want to only change the one blog page then wrap the code in a style tag. Enter it were you show in your post.

<style>
  
  [enter you code here]
  
  </style>

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon
clarification of where to put code

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

Link to comment
3 hours ago, creedon said:

@Angie123

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS. This would be a site-wide effect.

If you want to only change the one blog page then wrap the code in a style tag.

<style>
  
  [enter you code here]
  
  </style>

Let us know how it goes.

Hi Creedon,

Thank you.

1. So to enter the code like this?

<style>

.blog-meta-item--tags {
  display: none;
}

  </style>

 

2. Is this the place you mean (see attached screenshot) - is there a reason why it;s best to enter it site wide rather then here: Blog Settings>Advanced>Post Blog Item Code Injection>Blog Post Item Code Injection ? Perhaps the latter does not work for the blog page?

 

Thank you in advance

Angie

Where to enter code acc. to Creedon _Screenshot 2021-08-08 at 23-24-18.png

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Angie123 said:

1. So to enter the code like this?

Yes if you want to change only the one blog page.

Quote

is there a reason why it;s best to enter it site wide rather then here

It's not a matter of best but what effect you want to achieve and where. CSS entered in Design > Custom CSS can effect all pages site-wide. Code added in Page Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection effects only that single page.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

Link to comment
10 hours ago, creedon said:

Yes if you want to change only the one blog page.

It's not a matter of best but what effect you want to achieve and where. CSS entered in Design > Custom CSS can effect all pages site-wide. Code added in Page Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection effects only that single page.

Thank you Creedon. Sorry for being so dense, am so not a coder 🙂 so have one more clarification question, because you mentioned page header. Now, can't I add that code right here in what looks to me the blog page itself? Below is the location and attached is the screenshot of that location.

  • Blog Settings>Advanced>Post Blog Item Code Injection>Blog Post Item Code Injection>

 

Many thanks

Angie

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 11-27-53 Hide categories tags in Squarespace 7 1.png

Link to comment
  • 7 months later...
On 2/5/2020 at 7:06 AM, Andrius said:

 You can hide tags in a blog post on 7.1 adding the following code to Custom CSS:

.blog-meta-item--tags {
  display: none;
}

And there is a built-in option to hide categories in the section settings

Is there a way to do this for categories listed on event detail pages?

 

Screenshot (4).png

Link to comment
On 3/10/2022 at 3:44 AM, riv291 said:

Is there a way to do this for categories listed on event detail pages?

 

Screenshot (4).png

Can you share link to an event detail page?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, authenticeye said:

@tuanphan  I am also interested in learning how to hide categories at the bottom of the events pages.

I would like to hide the element "Posted In: ..."

Here is a link to view

https://www.saveoursonoma.com/sos-community-action/sb1480-call

 

Thank you!

Rei

The url doesn't exist

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment
On 4/24/2022 at 10:43 PM, authenticeye said:

Hi @tuanphan

Please take a look at this link - you'll see an example at the bottom of the page

https://www.saveoursonoma.com/sos-community-action/ab1993-write

Thank you!

Rei

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* Hide event bottom tags categories */
.eventitem-content-footer .eventitem-meta {
    display: none;
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.