Adding a link to a form

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Yes. You can add a link to your T&Cs page by adding the HTML for the link directly to the checkbox description.

Update: Please note that Squarespace have since removed the ability to add HTML to the checkout page.

Edited by paul2009
Updated due to Squarespace changes

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys, you can do this by using html in the description of the checkbox.  As an example, copy and paste the following, and just change out the "/terms-conditions" to whatever the relevant page link is:

View the <a href="/terms-conditions" target="_blank">terms and conditions</a> here.

Then the user will just see:

View the terms and conditions here.

• 2 months later...

For some reason when I try this it displays perfectly in the test preview but not in the actual checkout. I have tried on both chrome and safari and neither display correctly  at checkout. Any guidance anyone? Thanks 

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 7.46.03 PM.png

Edited by TobiasH
privacy
On 8/24/2020 at 4:59 PM, oreosarefood said:

For some reason when I try this it displays perfectly in the test preview but not in the actual checkout. I have tried on both chrome and safari and neither display correctly  at checkout. Any guidance anyone? Thanks 

The checkout page always block HTML/CSS/JS so the code won't work here.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...
On 8/27/2020 at 11:03 PM, tuanphan said:

The checkout page always block HTML/CSS/JS so the code won't work here.

Yes, this seems to be the case. I'm following several threads related to this, and paul2009 is in all of them suggesting solutions that don't seem to have been tested.

It seems even stranger that in the Squarespace official page for creating a custom checkout form, the first paragraph says:

You can also use it to require customers to agree to your Terms of Service.

But this doesn't seem to be the case unless you post your full terms as the option, which wouldn't look great to the user.

• Solution
On 11/6/2020 at 1:36 PM, sleeping-bunnies said:

I'm following several threads related to this, and paul2009 is in all of them suggesting solutions that don't seem to have been tested.

As Squarespace features change over time, posts can become outdated. It used to be possible to add links to the checkout page but Squarespace tightened up security and removed this feature. I've replied to your post in a different thread on the same subject here.  

In summary, you can add a return policy, terms of service, and/or a privacy policy to your checkout page, with links that open these policies in a pop-up window. To configure these, go to CommerceCart & checkout > Store policies.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 years later...

So this actually worked 

Hey guys, you can do this by using html in the description of the checkbox.  As an example, copy and paste the following, and just change out the "/terms-conditions" to whatever the relevant page link is:

View the <a href="/terms-conditions" target="_blank">terms and conditions</a> here.

Then the user will just see:

View the terms and conditions here.

But my new question is , is there anyway to get this to open on a separate page rather than leaving the page it's already on?

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, NicNox said:

did you ever find a solution to this to get it to your T&Cs page to open in a new window?

You cannot change the way they open from the Checkout page because this page isn't editable. However, you can change the way links open on other pages. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️