Image not showing up in social share

• 2 months later...

Make sure you have uploaded an image on your home page settings,  or if you have one, your landing page settings, in the  social media setting, in social media preview image field and alternate social media image field. It would also be a good idea to put one in Media banner thumbnail image field as well. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 11 months later...

I'm having the same issue but it's on and off. All my social images are set. I shared and it included an image. Then the next day I viewed the post and no images were shown. I didn't change anything but the image was gone on Facebook and LinkedIn and thus the post has essentially died. LinkedIn inspector says No Image Found and says to include this code... <meta name="image" property="og:image" content="[Image URL here]"> is that valid? 

Edited by Hovie
  • 2 years later...

I can inform you that this is still an issue in 2023. I have set an image in every possible place that Squarespace allows, but I can't get it to render anything at all on LinkedIn, Slack, Twitter, etc. Very disappointing and really regretting the choice of Squarespace for this particular site, which is all about marketing a book and needs to show the cover! 😟

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just sent this issue to Customer Support on Squarespace because of course their live chat is closed. 

For me in LinkedIn I get no image and this weird copy that is not part of my site anywhere. 

Then on Facebook Messenger there is no title or description and the image that displays is not the SEO image I set or my hero banner, it's an image further down on my page. 

I still need to test the other social media sites. 

I REALLY wish I went with WIX instead of Squarespace 7.1. It seems that they have been aware of all kinds of bugs and issues since it launched and NOTHING has been done except tell users who are paying, to create custom CSS code. 

Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 12.23.19 PM.png

I just experienced this issue with a client website when shared on LinkedIn. I went to customer service but they told me to check my browsers even there is nothing wrong there. 

Anyone find a solution?

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

I struggled with this for literally months (trawled the forums, debugged on Facebook, etc.) and then went onto the live chat. Asked to speak to a real person, and Timothy was super helpful. The problem resolved in seconds (while he was asking for a screen shot of what I see my end).

I asked him what he did, and he said: "I bet engaging with the site on my end cleared some cache issues that fixed this, but if you do notice this occurring again, definitely let us know."

Fingers crossed that the problem doesn't revert.