Advanced Search
kerryrose12

Can I use Font Awesome?

Question

12 answers to this question

Yes, I found out how to use it.

1. Settings > Advanced > Code Injection
  2. Paste this code on the Code Injection page under HEADER:

<link href="//maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.2.0/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">`

Now you have installed Font Awesome on your site. You can now insert code (using a Code Block) on any of your pages to reference and use any of their icons (http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/)

Example of individual code to insert in a Code Block for an icon:

<i class="fa fa-envelope-o"></i>

fa-envelope-o

Hope this helps!

Edited by cstine

This post has gotten so many views but so far no comprehensive reply regarding the integration of font-awesome into a Squarespace website. Does anyone know how to do this and can explain it step by step? Or do you know of an article on the web somewhere that does this in relation to Squarespace? My own research has not come up with much unfortunately.

Any pointers would be much appreciated! Thank you.

1593288659_EuleMarkOrange.thumb.png.75ad936500ded3cf90be244332964d97.png
Thank you for reading, liking and replying to my posts! If you need more help check out my Squarespace courses for beginners and advanced users, or my Eule Business Planner that I designed specifically for online entrepreneurs.

5 ways to make your Squarespace website work for you behind the scenes <

Thank you Cstine! That's very helpful and I will check it out :)

1593288659_EuleMarkOrange.thumb.png.75ad936500ded3cf90be244332964d97.png
Thank you for reading, liking and replying to my posts! If you need more help check out my Squarespace courses for beginners and advanced users, or my Eule Business Planner that I designed specifically for online entrepreneurs.

5 ways to make your Squarespace website work for you behind the scenes <

Just to throw something into the mix, I noticed the other day on the CSS window that the custom files says "Files and Fonts." Can you upload a .ttf file to make the font available on you site this way?

@cstine – I’ve formatted the code in your answer – the HTML was getting mangled by this site. To format code, just highlight the lines of code and use the 5th button in the toolbar:

Use the source

The name is an Anglicised form of the Greek Korvetti — I like to think there’s a little bit of the ancient Hellenic drive in me.

Note that in @cstine's answer above, there's a stray back-tick (aka grave accent mark) at the end of the line of code. If you paste that character into the Code Injection box it can cause problems. Here's the code without that character for easy copy-pasta:

<link href="//maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.2.0/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

I've also found that you can change the 4.2.0 numbers to a newer version of Font Awesome to access the new icons. E.G.:

<link href="//maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.4.0/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

or

<link href="//maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.7.0/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

How can I add an icon to the description of a gallery image? When I enter in the HTML, it writes it out instead of turning the code into an image. The Gallery text areas don't have HTML enabled. Is there a way to enable HTML in those areas?

No, unfortunately not. I've encountered that before: You can't add HTML to nav items on cover pages or into the name of a button for a lightbox form, either. Its just the way the system's put together.