Hide Specific Product from Shop

Hi there, I have a Products page with multiple items listed.  I would like to hide 2 items from the Products page and only have visible/available through a Product block on a different page. If I make the products hidden on my Shop page, they are no longer available on the Product Block. Is this possible, to keep a product "published" but not visible on my main Products page?

Alternatively, if the above isn't possible - is there a way to remove the price visibility for those 2 specific items? On the Products page with thumbnails, as well as on the Product page itself? I would like to keep other items listed with pricing.

Thanks for the help!

A brief word of caution. The code above will only ‘hide’ these items, not remove them from public view. Searches will still reveal them. This may not be an issue for you, but I thought it should be mentioned. 

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 9 months later...

Hi I had used the code from this thread, it was working and now stopped. I don't know how to get it working again.

Wondering if what caused this is that I added this JQUERY code to hide the last name from my newsletter signup blocks.

https://www.squarestylist.com/blog/newsletter-block-last-name

I don't really know anything about coding.

Can you help me get it working again? This is a time-sensitive request as my hidden products are only available until Friday night.

I tried removing the newsletter code but it didn't fix the issue.

Here's the link to the site, the products I'm trying to hide are the two Night Shift course admissions at the bottom.
They are meant only as private links for folks who get admitted into the program.

https://www.listen.bar/shop

Thanks!

On 9/17/2020 at 2:01 AM, actualhuman said:

Hi I had used the code from this thread, it was working and now stopped. I don't know how to get it working again.

Wondering if what caused this is that I added this JQUERY code to hide the last name from my newsletter signup blocks.

https://www.squarestylist.com/blog/newsletter-block-last-name

I don't really know anything about coding.

Can you help me get it working again? This is a time-sensitive request as my hidden products are only available until Friday night.

I tried removing the newsletter code but it didn't fix the issue.

Here's the link to the site, the products I'm trying to hide are the two Night Shift course admissions at the bottom.
They are meant only as private links for folks who get admitted into the program.

https://www.listen.bar/shop

Thanks!

Have you solved it yet?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...

Thanks for checking in - no, I never got it to work again.

Now it doesn't matter much as it was a limited-time offer and we've since removed the product from the shop. Would be nice to know for the future.

Funny though, I'm just about to ask for your help on another thread related to shop products.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi @tuanphan I am hoping you can help me with a related endeavor. I need to hide one product from a client's general shop, but she needs to be able to share the link with clients who she's approved to purchase it. Obviously using the hide mechanism in the shop disables the url for the listing. I see the code you shared above, but am really not code savvy and wasn't sure what to do to make it go. The site is drisabelsweitzer.com. 

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

hi there,

i need to do the same as the original poster.  I want to hide certain products on the shop page that are not currently available but I would like to be able to link through to those product blocks from galleries on different pages so people can get more information.  but when they are hidden - the url no longer functions.  I'm not a coder . . . but can probably do what needs to be done if you could explain in simple terms ?

On 9/8/2021 at 6:09 PM, woodpop said:

hi there,

i need to do the same as the original poster.  I want to hide certain products on the shop page that are not currently available but I would like to be able to link through to those product blocks from galleries on different pages so people can get more information.  but when they are hidden - the url no longer functions.  I'm not a coder . . . but can probably do what needs to be done if you could explain in simple terms ?

Can you share link to shop page + which products you want to hide? We can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...

Hello,

SquareSpace isn't allowing me to hide products in the most basic use of the function?  

Current steps being taken with the failed result:

1. Click on product to open product settings
  2. Change from "visible" to "hidden"
  3. Save and publish

Cleared cache and everything, but website still shows products in store.

1 hour ago, JackWaste said:

Current steps being taken with the failed result:

1. Click on product to open product settings
  2. Change from "visible" to "hidden"
  3. Save and publish

The issue is with your third step. Choose Save (without publish!)

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

I want to hide 2 products from my shop (https://www.listentoday.com/shop), but show them on this page: https://www.listentoday.com/english.

I tried changing the product from visible to hidden, but then the product isn’t visible on this page: https://www.listentoday.com/english either.

I also tried the 2 codes mentioned above, without succes:

body#collection-5d660a88abd7d20001f847a2 .tag-winerclub {

display: none;

}

and

.ProductList-grid .tag-ENTER_TAG_HERE {

display: none;

}

Are there other options? Thanks so much!

9 hours ago, robienhali said:

I also tried the 2 codes mentioned above, without succes:

The reason the codes didn't work is they weren't designed for your site. They were for other versions and templates of Squarespace.

In addition you need to add a tag on the products you want to hide using the product editor for the code to work.

Add the following to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the store page. Please see per-page code injection.

<style>

.products.collection-content-wrapper .grid-item.tag-hide {

display : none;

}

</style>

This is for v7.1.

Add a tag named hide to any product you want to hide.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have a collection of products being released and I want to provide early access to the collection to the clients on my mailing list.

I have worked out how to add these products to a hidden category (so I can provide this link to my email list subscribers), although the products are still visible in the main shop page.

Can you please help by providing a way for me to hide these products from the main shop page, but still make them visible in a hidden category page.

The link provided in the message above seems to hide the products with the tag 'hide' from the entire site.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Tigerlily108 said:

Can you please help by providing a way for me to hide these products from the main shop page, but still make them visible in a hidden category page.

I suggest the following method.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.