Set minimum qty of product variant - how?

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would need to be a bespoke scripted solution that prevented the add to cart button from being clicked unless the minimum quantity rule was matched. 

However, it would still be possible for the user to adjust quantity in the basket view (could be scripted to deal with this) and also in the checkout (cannot be scripted to deal with). 

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2019 at 11:19 AM, colin.irwin said:

This would need to be a bespoke scripted solution that prevented the add to cart button from being clicked unless the minimum quantity rule was matched. 

However, it would still be possible for the user to adjust quantity in the basket view (could be scripted to deal with this) and also in the checkout (cannot be scripted to deal with). 

Do you happen to know where one might find said script? I'm having the same issue. Some dude online is selling a plugin for $29...that's looking more tempting all the time lol

Thanks!

The code required to set a minimum order quantity is very straightforward, but as Colin said, the major issue is that the benefit is completely lost at the checkout stage. At that point, the potential customer can order items below your minimum quantity, leaving you with the additional admin of issuing a refund. 

The plugin you mention is no different. As the author points out in his demo video "There's no code that can be placed on the checkout page.. so customers could come into this quantity field and change the quantity [below the minimum]".

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived