How to Randomize Blog Post or Gallery Summary Block

• 1 year later...
On 3/5/2021 at 8:48 AM, POA said:

No luck here?

I'm also interested in randomizing blog posts instead of having it shown in one order all the time.

Hi. You can use Summary Block + this Random Plugin to make random order.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

@tuanphan I am interested in randomizing for a SINGLE summary item, rather than a series. I tried to use the Random Plugin, but it unfortunately stops working for only one item, and instead continues to show the latest post. Are you aware of any solutions? The demo page is here: https://www.piedmontrefuge.org/home-1, the area in need is under "the residents" section, which is designed to call up a different animal per each of those 6 separate summary blocks. Thanks for any help!

Edited by emilyjane1008
On 3/25/2024 at 11:45 AM, emilyjane1008 said:

@tuanphan I am interested in randomizing for a SINGLE summary item, rather than a series. I tried to use the Random Plugin, but it unfortunately stops working for only one item, and instead continues to show the latest post. Are you aware of any solutions? The demo page is here: https://www.piedmontrefuge.org/home-1, the area in need is under "the residents" section, which is designed to call up a different animal per each of those 6 separate summary blocks. Thanks for any help!

Which item you want to make randomize?

Or send to forum message

We are trying to randomize which blog post populates. So each time the page refreshes, a different name, photo, and excerpt would populate for "chickens" and "cows", etc. instead of being the same one each time.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 11.44.03 AM.png

On 3/28/2024 at 4:36 AM, PFAR said:

We are trying to randomize which blog post populates. So each time the page refreshes, a different name, photo, and excerpt would populate for "chickens" and "cows", etc. instead of being the same one each time.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 11.44.03 AM.png

Where is this page?

Or send to forum message