Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
edwinorange

How can I track form submissions in Google Analytics?

Question

I'm want to use Google Analytics to track conversions from my Squarespace 6 site - those conversions being a completed form on the site - but cannot find a way to include the code in the submission button or the form submitted page.

Does anyone know of a workaround to allow me to track completed forms?

Edited by erich
retag

Hello,

I'm interested in using this code snippet in the footer of my site to track form submissions, but I wanted to check first to make sure this would work as is, even if I have changed the names of the submission buttons from the standard "Submit" to something else like "Register"? Will this code still automatically send all form submissions to Google Analytics?

Thanks!

Has anyone figured out a solution to this yet?

For the record, I added the code listed above to the Post-Submit HTML box in the form settings on one of my site's pages...and also updated the Category / Action / Label information, and it did not successfully send any Event information to Google Analytics.

Figuring out how to track form submissions as trackable Events in Google Analytics is a very important part of my site's reporting so I would greatly appreciate any help in figuring this one out! Cheers!

I tested this out and it doesn't work on Squarespace 5 - the page won't redirect after successful submit. I think the Post Submit HTML section in the form doesn't support javascript. any ideas?

I'd like to know if the original code foleyatwork (apr 17 '13) shared is still up-to-date for tracking form submissions on Google Analytics?

I added this code into the footer with code injection and it doesn't seem to be picking up any of the submissions as an event on Analytics. Does this code still work or is it different now or does it work differently with Universal Analytics?

webbroi- I created a new thank-you page and also added the script you provided to my contact page in the advanced section. However, now my contact page just automatically redirects to the thank-you page instead of redirecting after someone submits an inquiry. What am I doing wrong??

Edited by MichelleKF

I'm experiencing problems pasting the Adwords-code in a Squarespace 7 cover page.The cover page works fine with a button allowing to fill out a form. If I paste the Adwords code into the post-submit HTML-box, this invalidates the button (I can still see it, but I can't click on it anymore).

Okay, I just realized that my last message wasn't very clear.I have a lightbox form installed on a Squarespace cover page. Form submission would be considered conversion in Adwords.When I paste the Adwords Code in the post-HTML-box the form isn't accessible anymore (the click-through button is still visible, but I can't click on it anymore).www.contrastdeco.fr/decorateur-offre

Thank you!

Guys, I'm going to test this implementation again now. Squarespace support might as well be a bot that says "Oh sorry your in developer mode, we can't support that"

This continues to be the best solution for me. Both tracking organic form submissions or adding additional tracking scrips for adwords or other paid advertising. I have no clue why the answer above has been marked as best answer. It does not work for me.

The easiest most accurate way I have found to track form submissions in Analytics is to create a redirect to a thank you page or enquiry confirmation type page, using a script in the Post Submit HTML. All you do is have to then set up a new goal in Analytics and you can start tracking your form submissions.

I have recently put together a whole video walkthrough on the topic that you may find useful:http://www.atomicmarketing.co/blog/conversion-tracking-squarespace-google-analytics

Digital marketing consultant at Atomic Marketing. I write about SEO, web design & Squarespace. Passionate about travel and entrepreneurship.

If anyone comes across this, our team recently added support for Squarespace sites.

BigPicture.io (https://.bigpicture.io) is a point-and-click event tracking tool. We make it easy to setup tracking and integrate with hundreds of tools without having to write a line of code.

We have a ton of integrations including GA, Facebook, and ActiveCampaign.