How to change font size and color in a specific banner of a specific page (Hayden template)?

My site: www.blueribbonarts.comI am trying to change the text "blue ribbon art academy" located in banner of the "intro" page. I tried some css codes but failed to identify the banner location. So far I tried:

intro p {

font-size:48px}

Unfortunately the code changed not only the banner font but also the whole page font. Can you please help?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @yimeng1988

Your code just needs to be a little more specific. At the moment it is targeting all the paragraph (p) text on the 'intro' page of the index.

You need to ensure that only the 'description wrapper' (the text on the banner image) is affected. Also, because there are several paragraphs in this, you need to limit the style to the first paragraph only.

Remove the CSS you've tried above, and try adding this instead to Design > Custom CSS:

#intro .desc-wrapper p:nth-of-type(1) {
   font-size: 48px;
   color: burlywood;
}

Paul

I post free answers because I want to help fellow Squarespace users - I'm not selling anything. In return please Accept an answer if it is correct. If it didn't help, feel free to ask for more help or wait for others to add their comments.

To everyone! If you find this (or any) answer helpful, please vote it up using the up arrow. This will let other users know it's a good answer. You'll find some more Squarespace tips on our website.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

No problem.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

The second paragraph is bold (strong) so try this:

#intro .desc-wrapper p > strong {
    font-size: 60px;
}

Archived