Cookie Banner message displaying in Google search results

Hi guys,

I launched the following website (https://www.daluzgonzalez.ch/) around month ago and I'm having issues with the Google search results.  Everything is in order regarding google search console (I even have an SEO company working with me to make sure it is correct), however, when you do a Google search for 'Daluz Gonzalez Architekten' the page descriptions display the Cookie banner message.

Please see the attached image.

The only page that displays the description correctly is the home page. All the others aren't working, even though they have been added in Squarespace.

Any ideas would be super helpful, thank you!

image.thumb.png.d83c8ee36c4f77ca3c7e64c2876fba07.png

On 6/19/2024 at 5:35 PM, JParker1570048365 said:

however, when you do a Google search for 'Daluz Gonzalez Architekten' the page descriptions display the Cookie banner message.

Did you launch the website before the updated SEO descriptions were added? How long has it been since the SEO descriptions were updated? It can take time.

Even though you have (now) written SEO descriptions, this isn't guaranteed that Google will use or show those. Ultimately it is up to Google what they decide to show. Although writing your own is often good as a helping hand to Google.

If it helps, here is what I see when I did your search, I only see 2 pages, but either show the cookie descriptions.

image.png.896eb3683cb442d40cc76609a85577c8.png

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Nerd
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Melody,

Thanks so much for your reply! I'm sorry for writing back so late, I didn't see it until now.

No I launched the website with the SEO descriptions, it's strange to me that the Cookie banner is overriding this information. Have you seen this problem before?

Unfortunately the descriptions are being displayed differently where I am in Switzerland and they still show the cookies.

On 6/19/2024 at 5:35 PM, JParker1570048365 said:

when you do a Google search for 'Daluz Gonzalez Architekten' the page descriptions display the Cookie banner message.

I agree with @melody495. If Google do not deem the description suitable they will replace it with content from the page - including cookie banners and popups (unless they marked with a data-nosnippet HTML attribute - which Squarespace doesn't do).

To use the 'Bauwerke' page as an example, the description appears to be simply "Wir bauen hauptsächlich Wohnarchitektur" and there is very little text content on the page for Google to use, other than the cookie banner text:

image.thumb.png.686594e459ede4c73d833ea40b579921.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?