Navigating Shipping Integrating Royal Mail - BAD REQUEST 400

Thank you for the prompt response.

Every time I attempt to integrate Royal Mail, I encounter a 400 bad request error, which another user has also experienced.

It appears to be related to IP addresses, which I have no knowledge about. I noticed that you recommended Sendcloud to another user. What are the advantages of using Sendcloud over Royal Mail? 

I see that Sendcloud uses more couriers, but does it still not calculate carrier costs automatically? Also, Royal Mail offers free collection from my house. Would Sendcloud provide this service for a small one-person business? Finding this information on their website is quite cumbersome!I spoke to Royal Mail on the phone, but they couldn't help and told me to email. However, their response time is between 3 and 5 days, and I'm trying to launch my business and everything is becoming very complicated! I

am a Mac user and can only find explanations for Microsoft when i google this problem.

https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360009923177-Click-Drop-IP-addresses-and-URLs-for-security-settings

On 5/22/2024 at 1:57 PM, paul2009 said:

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

On 5/20/2024 at 8:01 AM, SimonKirby said:

I get a error code 400 when I try to integrate. Are there settings in either Squarespace or royal mail click and drop that I need to change first?

I've recently had the same error. I noticed that my integration had stopped working (after months of no issues). I tried to disconnect and reconnect it, and now I get a 400 error. No sales are going through to Royal Mail. I'm hoping its a bug and will be resolved soon?

I'm having trouble with Royal Mail's click and drop integration into my website. I keep getting a bad 400 request error. I've followed the integration steps on their website https://sf.digital/squarespace-solutions/how-to-integrate-royal-mails-click-and-drop-service-with-squarespace and also tried whitelisting the sites as suggested by their customer service team using https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360009923177-Click-Drop-IP-addresses-and-URLs-for-security-settings, but even in whitelist mode, it's blocking all my sites on Chrome.

I've reached out to them via phone and email, but they haven't been able to provide any help beyond sharing the link. I work on my own and don't have an IT team to assist me. I considered using SendCloud, but unless I have 20 parcels per week, and have a royal mail business account I can't use Royal Mail through them. As I'm starting out I will need to build up to that number of parcels per week.

i found this video myself and followed it but it is now blocking everything. its also asking for payment after entering 3 websites.

I prefer Royal Mail because, with 24-tracked service on a residential click-and-drop account, they can collect from my house, which is important to me since I live in a remote area.

Send cloud's next option is to use EVRI but they have bad reviews and the only drop-off point is not that easy to get to. 

does anyone have a step by step guide or video that has solved this problem.

Thanks in advance

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 14.37.11.png

On 5/22/2024 at 9:51 PM, Rachel-S said:

I've recently had the same error. I noticed that my integration had stopped working (after months of no issues). I tried to disconnect and reconnect it, and now I get a 400 error. No sales are going through to Royal Mail. I'm hoping its a bug and will be resolved soon?

did you manage to sort this? im having the same problem.

crazy isn't it, that even royal mail is so unhelpful! I really would like to use royal mail as its the best option for me but looks like I'm being forced to use an alternative! I have a call with send cloud to explore them but unless you ship 20 parcels or more with royal mail you cant use them via send cloud!

Posted (edited)

You'll find the Click & Drop status page here.

If you're experiencing an issue that isn't listed, you can obtain help on the Royal Mail website here or from Squarespace Customer Support here.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

I just spoke to Royal Mail again for the 5th time time and they said that Squarespace is somehow blocking Royal Mail, perhaps as a hosting site or something related to the cloud.

They insist that the issue is not on their end and that Squarespace should be able to assist its customers in resolving this problem.

Can someone please help me and the other customers with this whitelisting issue? Many of us are small businesses without an IT department and really need your help.

Not had much luck with Customer Support on either end – both Royal Mail and Squarespace expect me to 'contact my IT department' to whitelist IP addresses on my servers. No idea what I'm supposed to do with that info since both of these platforms are supposed to be managing this on my behalf so I don't need an IT department. Not sure who owns the integration but it's not great.

Anyway, current workaround I've employed is to install the Click & Drop Desktop App – this sets a folder on your desktop that you can download your Squarespace orders to and it will bulk upload them into Click & Drop. There's an initial manual upload of the orders csv file which needs mapping to the required fields in Click & Drop. After that it looks like I'll need to download the orders csv file every day with the latest 'pending' orders. You can start this process from the Click & Drop integration page and it has all the relevant instructions to get set up.

Not perfect but better than the manual inputting of data I have had to do for the past 4-5 days. Hopefully  it will be possible to escalate the problem and it'll get sorted 😞 

On 6/1/2024 at 8:22 PM, a-pritchard said:

Not had much luck with Customer Support on either end – both Royal Mail and Squarespace expect me to 'contact my IT department' to whitelist IP addresses on my servers. No idea what I'm supposed to do with that info since both of these platforms are supposed to be managing this on my behalf so I don't need an IT department. Not sure who owns the integration but it's not great.

Anyway, current workaround I've employed is to install the Click & Drop Desktop App – this sets a folder on your desktop that you can download your Squarespace orders to and it will bulk upload them into Click & Drop. There's an initial manual upload of the orders csv file which needs mapping to the required fields in Click & Drop. After that it looks like I'll need to download the orders csv file every day with the latest 'pending' orders. You can start this process from the Click & Drop integration page and it has all the relevant instructions to get set up.

Not perfect but better than the manual inputting of data I have had to do for the past 4-5 days. Hopefully  it will be possible to escalate the problem and it'll get sorted 😞 

i've had no choice but to do the same but the amount of orders i have this is still incredibly time consuming. I am beyond frustrated by this. I can't find any information online to help me whitelist the URLs and i'm doubtful it will work either. Seriously considering moving platforms

On 6/1/2024 at 8:22 PM, a-pritchard said:

Thanks for sharing, I'm still in a back-and-forth with Royal Mail so will update if I ever get any intel.

I tried all the whitelisting myself through lots of tutorials etc and it hasn't worked for me. I also spoke to someone who said it had to do with Google so whitelisted that too and still no luck.

The problem is Royal Mail as they finally said that. so I've raised it to Royal Mail Developers/IT through the customer services .

On 6/10/2024 at 9:17 AM, jennymccabe said:

none of this is helpful

This is a peer-to-peer forum which means that none of us can resolve a technical issue. I therefore encourage everyone who relies on this service from the Royal Mail to contact the providers so that they understand the impact this issue is having, and escalate it accordingly. I wish I could help more. 

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

On 6/10/2024 at 9:17 AM, jennymccabe said:

none of this is helpful

My most recent update still unhelpful with zero timeframe: I'm disappointed that I didn't choose Shopify due to the numerous issues I've had with Squarespace. I will definitely switch to Shopify once my business is established!

The error when connecting square space integration is affecting many customers who are attempting to create a new integration or trying to re connect.

Were currently providing feedback to our I.T team about what browsers customers are using or any active plugins that may be causing the problem.

As soon as the problem is identified all customers affected will be contacted.

I hope the details provided are useful, please reply or contact our Click and Drop helpdesk 0345 266 1004 if you require further help with your enquiry.

Kind regards

James

Click and Drop Team
53 minutes ago, AllAboutMe said:
My most recent update still unhelpful with zero timeframe: I'm disappointed that I didn't choose Shopify due to the numerous issues I've had with Squarespace. I will definitely switch to Shopify once my business is established!

The error when connecting square space integration is affecting many customers who are attempting to create a new integration or trying to re connect.

Were currently providing feedback to our I.T team about what browsers customers are using or any active plugins that may be causing the problem.

As soon as the problem is identified all customers affected will be contacted.

I hope the details provided are useful, please reply or contact our Click and Drop helpdesk 0345 266 1004 if you require further help with your enquiry.

Kind regards

James

Click and Drop Team

I have had a similar reply from Royal Mail 

"

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for your email and enquiry,

Other Squarespace users have contacted us with the same issue and there is no fix as yet however it appears the redirect from Click & Drop to Squarespace isn't working correctly.

We can only suggest attempting to re connect using an alternative Internet browser and also white list URLs and IP's with any firewall or security programs Click & Drop IP addresses and URLs for security settings

Apologies for any concern this has caused.

Kind regards

James

Click and Drop Team

Same here. Was all working fine until today when it suddenly stopped. Followed all the suggested steps above and they do nothing. RM C&D site says the connection to C&D is fine (via check in the settings, which suggests not an IP whitelist issue). Tried 3 different browsers (seemed highly unlikely it was this anyway, but tried it out of desperation more than anything).

Sigh. 

After the debacle that was digital downloads all being flagged as "dangerous files" that went on for ages, and now this massive inconvenience that is making fulfilling orders take about 5 times longer, I'm losing the will. It's totally possible that the fault here is RM as their IT is flakey as heck at the best of times, but who knows. It feels like this problem won't be a priority for either RM or SQSP.

There isn't really an alternative carrier I can use (that I'm aware of) as our products are fairly small, about 90% of the items I ship are large letters, and other couriers focus on parcels rather than letter delivery. RM are terrible, but I don't think I have much choice but to use them, so losing this functionality really, really sucks.

I don't even know why I'm posting this here, I just feel the need to vent.

A 400 error means a bad request. Check these settings in Squarespace and Royal Mail Click & Drop:

Ensure they are correct.
Verify URLs.
Ensure necessary permissions are enabled.
Confirm the data format matches API requirements.

On 6/16/2024 at 8:23 AM, OmiGujjar said:

A 400 error means a bad request. Check these settings in Squarespace and Royal Mail Click & Drop:

Ensure they are correct.
Verify URLs.

I just tried again and it's still a bad request -  would you mind pointing me in the right direction for the  steps to complete for the below to make it work?

-Ensure they are correct.
Verify URLs.

Thanks