Negative space / White space near plugin (Universal Filter)

Go to solution Solved by JayVanDyke,

Hello, I am using the 'Universal Filter' plugin and I think it's causing issues with white space / negative space on tablet and on mobile (it may not be the plugin though!). It could also be some of my own code perhaps.

1) On mobile on the frontpage If I chose to filter, there is a looooot of space under the results - all the way down to the footer. Is there any way to automatically end the page depending on the results after filtering? Please see image 3.

2) When viewing in tablet mode or rotating the mobile 90degress a lot of white space / negative space appears near the plugin. The filter is on the frontpage and on the site 'Kort'. Please see image 1 and 2.

URL: https://cone-dolphin-lxkp.squarespace.com/
code: thankyou

Thank you very much in advance! 🙏

Square1.JPG

Square2.JPG

Square3.JPG

• Solution

@WebShark I would honestly rebuild this in a classic engine section instead of the fluid engine. When you go to add sections on the left side scroll to the bottom and and a blank classic one. That will not end up with all that extra space and will shrink and grow in height based on the visible content. The grid layout system might be whats causing this.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 1.20.31 PM.jpg

Did I help you? Buy me a coffee!

👨‍💻 Bergen Design Co.

💻  I'm for hire on Upwork!

🕸️ Squarespace Experts  

🖥️ 99Designs

🛠️ Web Designer's Toolkit

**some of these contain affiliate links

22 hours ago, JayVanDyke said:

@WebShark I would honestly rebuild this in a classic engine section instead of the fluid engine. When you go to add sections on the left side scroll to the bottom and and a blank classic one. That will not end up with all that extra space and will shrink and grow in height based on the visible content. The grid layout system might be whats causing this.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 1.20.31 PM.jpg

Thank you so much!! This solved the issue 🙌🙌🙌

I agree with @JayVanDyke, the extra space only happens when using the fluid engine (the grid layout system) and that can be reduced by removing/decreasing the grid rows near the bottom of the section but you still have the default padding of the section to deal with. 
You can adjust the padding or margin with CSS but the most convenient and non technical way to do it is what Jay suggested. 

We offer solutions for filtering, multi-location map display, adding tables, raising summary block limit and more at Squarewebsites  🔳.