Site not showing on Google

Posted (edited)

I have a client website that we have optimized in every way for SEO, but for some reason cannot get to pull up for any search terms on Google. It's showing as a business because we have created a Google Business profile, but not on google searches itself.

The site is built on Squarespace with the domain coming from GoDaddy. We have checked with both Google and GoDaddy, and they're saying it's a problem with the redirect from Squarespace. 

https://www.cedar.health/

Truthfully, I'm just a designer and don't typically do in-depth SEO work. Can anyone point me in the right direction with this?

Edited by pushthatenvelope

Have you connected to Google Search Console? Have you tried SEO Space (Referral link)  for checking and improving SEO setup on Squarespace websites? They're very good for Squarespace-specific suggestions. For example you have 5 Heading 1's on the homepage and also missing alt tags for 3 images.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Have you connected to Google Search Console? Have you tried SEO Space (Referral link)  for checking and improving SEO setup on Squarespace websites? They're very good for Squarespace-specific suggestions. For example you have 5 Heading 1's on the homepage and also missing alt tags for 3 images.

Thanks for the shoutout @Ziggy!

SEOSpace will certainly help @pushthatenvelope - I also have a useful video on this topic: 

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png

Hi @pushthatenvelope most of the links on the homepage point to a /page-coming-soon URL. Finish the site then ask for a recrawl via Google Search Console. 

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014 

• 3 weeks later...

If your site isn't showing on Google, check if it's indexed using the Google Search Console. Ensure you have a sitemap submitted, use relevant keywords, and have good-quality content. Also, verify there are no technical issues blocking search engines from crawling your site.