How Do I Change My Title Above The Domain That Shows Up On Google Search?

Hello! When my website is searched on Google, I noticed that the title above my domain isn't the SEO title or the page title. I want to know what this is called and if it's possible to change it to something else. Specifically, I'd like it to match the SEO title and remove the "net" at the end.example.thumb.png.8bd7fa1a41b1ef00f36d420005bb28bd.png

• Replies 3
  • Views 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi @rainsscs - this is your "site title"

1. While in the edit mode, hover over your site's header and click "EDIT SITE HEADER"

2. Hover over your logo and click "SITE TITLE & LOGO"

3. Edit your site title and press save - this is the text that shows up on Google

Note—once you've done this, it's also worth checking your homepage's SEO title, as sometimes Squarespace automatically adds your site title at the end of it.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 15.43.45.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 15.44.44.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 15.45.17.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 15.46.25.png

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png

Posted (edited)

Hi there! Thanks for your response. I saw those solutions earlier and tried them, but the 'title' still hasn't changed. I'm wondering if it might be related to a Google Search Console problem..

Screenshot 2.png

Screenshot 1.png

Edited by rainsscs

Hi @rainsscs There is already another website with your same name. The way Google currently handles site names means you likely need to offer an alternate name: https://www.collaborada.com/blog/site-names

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014