Unable to modify DNS or Email settings for domain that transferred from Google Domains

Summary

I have no issues modifying the DNS settings for a domain I bought directly from Squarespace, but I'm unable to modify the domains that transferred from Google Domains. I'm the owner, so I should have access to change everything.

What I want to do

1. Clear the DNS settings
  2. Clear the Email forwarding settings
  3. Set the settings I want

What I tried

1. Login to https://account.squarespace.com/domains
  2. Pick my domain
  3. Go to DNS settings (In left panel, click: DNS > DNS Settings)
  4. For the Email Forwarding section, click the trash can icon to delete it.
    • When trying this, I get an error: "Email Forwarding couldn't be deleted. We were unable to delete these records. Try again later. If this problem continues, contact Custom Support."
  5. For the each row of the Custom Records section, click the trash can icon to delete it.
    • When trying this, I get an error: "Custom record couldn't be deleted. We were unable to delete this record. Try again later. If this problem continues, contact Custom Support."
  6. In the Custom Records section, I try to add a record.
    • When trying this, I get an error: "Custom record not saved. We were unable to save this record. Try again later. If this problem continues, contact Customer Support."
  7. Go to Email settings (In left panel, click: Email)
  8. For the Email Forwarding section, click the trash can icon to delete it.
    • When trying this, I get an error: "Unable to remove this email forwarding rule. There was a problem with saving your changes. Please try again later."
  9. For the same row, click "Edit" then "DELETE FORWARDING RULE".
    • When trying this, I get an error: "Unable to remove this email forwarding rule. There was a problem with saving your changes. Please try again later."

Developer Notes

I opened the Chrome DevTools to see what errors I get in the network tab, and here's what I saw:

For deleting a custom record:

For the other attempts, I have a very similar response. (The only difference is the URL and Request Method. The Response Body's "message" field is the same.)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad that I have just joined this forum to read this thread. I have a batch of dormant domains recently transferred from Google Domains and I am experiencing learning problems in purging legacy forwarding rules in an attempt to start again. When I “save” changes a popup message pops up then promptly disappears. I'll try the incognito tip afresh tomorrow. Is there a bug vault somewhere?

Hey @ChristianStayton,

Thanks for posting here! This issue will require some troubleshooting, so we’ll be creating an email ticket on your behalf for our Customer Support team to assist. 

For any others experiencing issues with editing the DNS settings of a Squarespace-managed domain, or to report any other strange behavior, please reach out to our Customer Support team directly:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/requests/new#choose-topic

Please note that our customer support email address can’t receive new, inbound emails. Instead, you can reply directly to an open email ticket submitted through our Help Center. We made this change so that we can better organize and respond to the questions we receive.