Different Tax Rates for different types of products

Is it possible to separate digital products from services in the manual tax rate set up? In the manual sales tax set-up page, the two are lumped together. The state I live in collects sales tax on digital products but not on the types of services I offer and I am struggling to find a work-around. I tried connecting to the Tax Jar app but Tax Jar also frustratingly lumped the two together.

I don't understand why these two different product types are lumped together under the tax setup. Any assistance or suggestions for workarounds would be helpful. 

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MeganD8750 said:

Is it possible to separate digital products from services in the manual tax rate set up? The state I live in collects sales tax on digital products but not on the types of services I offer

Service Products and Digital Products share the same tax setting:

image.png.d1d7953227b7c7b48be7e0bab5809096.png

You can choose to charge tax on both or neither. You cannot charge tax on one and not the other. This is managed by the Squarespace platform and isn't possible to workaround this. 

To make a feature request and ensure it is seen by the right people at Squarespace, you are encouraged to raise a ticket through Squarespace Customer Care.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 3 months later...