Video Library Template Plugin

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

I love the Video Library template.  For what I need it's perfect... BUT... there is no control over this.  Example, when a user clicks and opens a video I do have css to not open it in full screen, but I don't want the next video or previous video arrows or text.  I may want something else.  Also, I realize this particular template has a section effect when I add something before it (won't go into details that part is not important).  Here is my question.  Is there another template that does what this template does but gives me more creative control or is there a plugin that will do this? Ive searched Squarespace plugins and didn't see anything.  Then of course, if I use a plugin will it need injection permissions which means I would have to upgrade from personal?  Ugg, decisions, decisions 😂 .  Right now it's looking like I'm going to have to recreate these one by one.  Thanks in advance.

2024-02-29_14-04-16.png

2024-02-29_14-25-30.png

5 hours ago, MilesWeb said:

Ultimately, you need to upgrade your plan for sure. However, if we resolve for the general ways, then Squarespace offers several video-centric templates besides "Video Library." Browse through the template library and filter by features like "portfolio" or "video" to find those that offer a similar layout with greater customization options for video display. This will be the ideal resolution. However, you may need to search through the templates. 

Another alternative is working with CSS and Javascript. So if you're comfortable with CSS and JavaScript, then target the elements of the video player that you mentioned next, the previous arrows, and use CSS to hide or modify them. 
However, be fast and take the decision as soon as possible, as upgrading your plan will open many beneficial options for you. 

Hi Miles.  Thank you for your suggestion.  I'm struggling with upgrading because I will in no way be shopping or selling goods or anything like that at all, but it appears that while I can insert some CSS code into my page, some I can't and requires Java, which means an upgrade and I'm just trying to justify what I can do now versus what I can't do and the problem is I only know what I can't do when I can't do it.  I will do a little more research on what upgrading offers me in terms of design control because, ultimately, that's what I'm looking for.  Thank you again for responding. I appreciate it.