Using Squarespace with Square for non-profit donations and Can Square compete with Squarespace head to head for web services?

We had three Squarespace Reps (probably AI) talk to us after buying a commerce plan for our non-profit website and now it's impossible to get any response from anyone there at all about the following: 

Someone in management wants us to switch from Squarespace to Square for all our website functions and hosting because they can talk to somebody over the phone at Square and those people apppear to be hard selling this manager on making the switch. This is crazy. Can anyone show a link to a side by side comparison of the services and advantages of Squarespace over Square as a Domain name manager, website host, website builder and credit card processor? How can Square be a partner and competitor to Squarespace at the same time?  

Another problem concerning Squarespace and Square

Both Services were set up. Squarespace says 'connected' to Square for donations yet we still get an red banner error message that we are not setup? What have we missed? Who can we talk to?

Thank you to anyone who can help or support with these problems. 

Jim Sorenson

Webmaster
American Retirees Association - Helping Divorced U.S.  Military Personnel for over 40 years
kjsorenson@gmail.com
kjsorenson@americanretirees.org

americanretirees.org

Many thanks

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, kjsorenson1 said:

Squarespace says 'connected' to Square for donations yet we still get an red banner error message that we are not setup?

Hi Jim 👋

The Squarespace checkout on www.americanretirees.org hasn't been configured to accept payments yet.

You will need to connect a Stripe or PayPal account to your site to collect donations as Square cannot be used. Square can only be used for in-person payments using Squarespace Commerce.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.