Email Marketing service SPF Record Setup and Big Problem with SPAM blocks

I was an early customer of the Email marketing. Around the time that it was new, it was suggested by SS to include a SPF record at our domain to help prevent Email blasts from going to spam.  Looked like I did that in 2022.

1.  Emails from my info@ that I use for billing and email campaigns are going into customers spam folders. Far too often now. My email accounts are Business accounts at Microsoft 365 and there was something from them maybe around a year ago about more scrutiny about spam.
  2. in 2022 the best practice note from SS was done . Put      @  v=spf1 include:squarespace-mail.com ~all   3600  into our Domain records area.
  3. Now in 2023 and now too many spam block situations are going on because 365 Admin center says that I have two many SPF records. Microsoft Office 365 only wants to see one record. @  v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all   3600
  4. Last week I have deleted the SS record and Microsoft has awarded me a green check mark for doing it.

So I am curious about the latest expectation of the Email campaigns. There have been many changes in Email security world wide in the last two years. The SS record not included at our domain... maybe a non issue now. Do admins have a comment?

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Aiur said:

Now in 2023 and now...365 Admin center says that I have two many SPF records. Microsoft Office 365 only wants to see one record.

You can't have more than one sender policy framework (SPF) record 🙂. Instead, rules must be combined into one record. Please see this earlier thread and see if this helps. If it doesn't, please post details.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.