Selling fabric yardage

I would like to sell fabric by the yard. I know I can list the yardage lengths in the variants for each fabric, but not sure how this will work with the inventory. Also would like to see how the suggested products would work for other items I have.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This may not help depending on your requirements, but if you cut the fabric to length for each order then you can sell it as 1m (or whatever) lengths, allow the customer to add multiples to their cart, then say in the description that the fabric will be cut as a continuous length. You then set the inventory to whatever the total length of fabric you have available is (100 units for example). Its not perfect but we've done this with fabric interfacing and it seems to work ok. 

Attached an image example from our own site. 

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 06.16.59.png

Edited by sussexseamstress0603
9 hours ago, RRD said:

I would like to sell fabric by the yard.

If you would like to sell fabric by the fraction of a yard, please see this thread:

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

8 minutes ago, RRD said:

Will this work in Version 7.0?

Are you referring to my code for half-yards? If so, the code was written for the latest version of Squarespace (7.1) so it would need to be adapted, but the same principle could be used.

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

Can you provide a link to the product?