HELP! My google site is not connecting to SquareSpace and says: Coming Soon

I transferred my domain from Turbify to Squarespace. My website is 15 + years old. 

The transfer completed, now my URL is showing website under construction.

What do I do to make my website work again?

Edited by dcredlus
  • 4 weeks later...

I made a website with google sites (mitchdoyle.com) a few months ago and it worked just fine.

I wanted to make a new site (trash-labs.com) and built it in google sites but now have to register it with squarespace.

It seemed to work for a few days but now it says it's under construction (see photo).

What should I do? How do I get this back up and running?

Screenshot_20240131-110716.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2024 at 3:08 AM, dcredlus said:

I transferred my domain from Turbify to Squarespace. My website is 15 + years old. 

The transfer completed, now my URL is showing website under construction.

What do I do to make my website work again?

I have that same problem. Were you able to solve this problem? Can you tell me what we need to do?

1.png

I have bought a domain from Squarespace and using a webpage from another portal. I subscribed for a custom domain. but Squarespace is not making my domain webpage visible on safari, google, or fone. don't know how to get this fixed. each time I am told to wait for 72 hours. event though all the DnS settings done are correct

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 5.11.04 PM.png

• 3 months later...

I had a similar problem after the google migration, since Squarespace created a different new account I requested a domain transfer to the actual Squarespace account that hosts the site. Then I received a under construction page. Squarespace support has not replied about the Google Migration.

I managed to solve it by

1 Removing the site connection from

- Domains Settings / Website / Change Connection > Park this domain

2 Then removing the DNS entries

- 4x A entries that were automatically migrated from Google

- 1x CNAME (www)

3 Linking the domain to the website again.

4 Adding the DNS settings using the Add Preset > Squarespace Defaults.

Unfortunately Squarespace support is GARBAGE and has not replied to my ticket after 1 week. Requesting support leads you to a useless dropdown menu where you are able to select random "help" areas but not report a critical issue. There's no chat, no reply from email, no phone.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2024 at 10:18 PM, ricardowong-insightbundle said:

I had a similar problem after the google migration, since Squarespace created a different new account I requested a domain transfer to the actual Squarespace account that hosts the site. Then I received a under construction page. Squarespace support has not replied about the Google Migration.

I managed to solve it by

1 Removing the site connection from

- Domains Settings / Website / Change Connection > Park this domain

2 Then removing the DNS entries

- 4x A entries that were automatically migrated from Google

- 1x CNAME (www)

3 Linking the domain to the website again.

4 Adding the DNS settings using the Add Preset > Squarespace Defaults.

Unfortunately Squarespace support is GARBAGE and has not replied to my ticket after 1 week. Requesting support leads you to a useless dropdown menu where you are able to select random "help" areas but not report a critical issue. There's no chat, no reply from email, no phone.

This solved the problem for me.

Been working with a client to transfer his Google Domain url from Wix to Squarespace and after a VERY frustrating several days with no Squarespace support available, this comment and process worked. I told my client at one point to go back to Wix, lol.

The SSL certificate is still propagating, which is annoying, but I am hopeful it will resolve as well soon since I did a DNS propagation check and things look good. Thanks Ricardo.

Hi, also having the same issue transferring from Wix to Squarespace. This process seems to have worked, but when I try to visit the site, I'm getting a message that the web browser can't establish a secure connection. Is this because the SSL certificate is still propagating, or am I missing something? Any idea how long this takes to resolve?

Thank you so much!!