Remove unwanted/hidden forms from website

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

We know through Contacts > Form Submitters, that there are many forms on our site that we don't use or were accidentally duplicated. For example, we have 

• Three "New Form" forms
  • Two "Contact" forms

We would like to remove the unwanted and unnecessary forms. How can we remove them if we cannot find them? My VA who works on the site along with me has looked at every single page. It seems like SS stores forms even if you don't use them. Or if you rename them, the original form with the original name is still available. We've reached out to support and had no luck. Please advise!  

Capture3.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Maybe you used custom code to hide form, so you can't find it? You try disable all custom code and check again

Suppose your site is andrea.squarespace.com

You can access this link to disable code: andrea.squarespace.com/config/safe

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also need to figure this out. I think I've got so many custom forms on our site that it's causing problems. The last few days when I open up the forms area it's freezing up, and I lose any edits I've made on the product up to that point. Until there's a way to delete old forms I'll need to remember to Save before opening up the forms.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, as a marketer who just took over the website of a counseling center that requires forms on their website, I am running into the same issue listed by everyone here. How do we delete old forms permanently? I can't find a solution anywhere online and it's making it difficult to filter through Contacts and find which form they filled out.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankfully haven't run into the issue of having duplicate forms, and will know going forward to advise client to manage forms extremely carefully. 

I will say, that having a central 'form' section where forms can be managed in bulk would make thing infinitely easier. 

Having a similar feature to 'saved sections' for blocks would be an amazing feature to have, especially for forms so you can insert them on relevant pages. 

My current workaround is forgoing the Lightbox feature and just having each form on it's own page and linking via a button to each. Not ideal as re-directing to another page takes time, and can depend on the users connection, but for now it's the easiest way to show forms on several pages, without creating a new one each time. 

Fingers crossed there can be a feature like this rolled out in the near future!

• 2 months later...

My issue is not understanding how to manipulate this area. I only have two forms on the site... contact us and an application form.  This captures the form which I love because I need to keep it for at least three months.  I wanted to know if there was a way to list them by date and not by email ... am I missing that?  Very frustrating. I have to monitor for this client and it continues to alphabetize everything. I need to understand how to use this area to my clients advantage right now. I tried looking for additional info and could not find it. It was all about the forms and not the storage.