Link blog images to an external url

Hi there,

I'm using the blog format on Squarespace as a portfolio and I want to present a series of articles that I have published on other websites.

I have already linked the blog title to an external url. But I think I might now need to insert some code to link the blog thumbmail image to the external url, however, every piece of code I've found on this forum does not work for me. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong?

Currently the blog title links correctly to the external url, but the thumbnail links to the empty blog page.

Also: I would like to close up the space between the blog title and the excerpt, if anyone has a tip for that! :)

Is anyone able to help? Big thank you in advance!

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @creedon

This hasn't helped me, sorry. The thread is large and I'm unsure of which bit applies to me.

Can you specify exactly which bit of code I should use and where I should put it? I just want the thumbnail images on a blog page to link to the external urls their titles are linking to, rather than blank blog pages.

I've seen this done so it's definitely possible, please help!!

On 1/10/2024 at 11:50 AM, Lornamm said:

This hasn't helped me, sorry. The thread is large and I'm unsure of which bit applies to me.

When you click on the arrow to the post I point to are you not being taken to my specific post where I cite my code?

ScreenShot2024-01-10at1_16_43PM.png.edd91fada4054584ecb0dd391e2e9f3a.png

ScreenShot2024-01-10at1_16_23PM.thumb.png.6683221bfff7381ce8105f696dded602.png

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I've only just gotten to this and now I receive a 404 error message when I go to your link on GitHub.

Can you or someone here please tell me exactly what code I need to insert into my blog page to make the images, as well as the title text, link to an external url?

Thank you!! I will be quicker this time!!