"block-yui_" IDs

Is there a "trick" to adding blocks that don't get a dynamic "yui" block ID?

I'm trying to target a block with css but the ID it gets assigned is dynamic. It seems very random. Some blocks get straight up IDs #block-...) and others get "block-yui_..." added to them...

Thanks in advance...

#yui- is dynamic

but 

#block-yui/#block_ is static id, it won't change when you reload or refresh the page

note #yui and #block-yui is different id.

Edited by tuanphan

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

5 hours ago, frescova said:

You can use a plugin that helps you find the block ID. There are a couple out there, google SquareSpace ID Finder. 

Here is one for chrome 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/squarespace-id-finder/igjamfnifnkmecjidfbdipieoaeghcff

Happy building!

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain.
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

6 hours ago, frescova said:

No, there is no "trick". IDs are assigned automatically and cannot be changed.   

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance