DNS Keeps Dropping On One Site

Go to solution Solved by BobInAustin,

Hello Everyone 🙂 

This is not my main domain but I need to have it secured on my site because thats only way I can Namecheap redirect the secure url. And I have to use manual DNS because the quick and easy way (when I switch primaries some time ago) eliminates my ability to do things like DKIM because the old domain is my Google workspace which houses my business email, all sites, blah blah. Finally, I cannot disconnect and reconnect. The last time I did that, it shut down my business email for three days and did not solve the problem. 

The error is always the same. I reenter all the DNS info, after a day or so, it links up fine. A few weeks go buy and I get the error you see on the lower right. As you can see, all of the DNS linkage is fine. Its that sudden lower right phantom field that shows up. Also, that field does not exist, the one in the red letters, on the Namecheap side at all. 

It does not appear to impact Google Workspace or my email, or secure forwarding as long as I don't disconnect the domain.  Any help on the ongoing issue would greatly be appreciated. 

Thanks
Bobby

image.thumb.png.e1e47edda3861a2b7f0e82102f9c8b2d.png

Edited by BobInAustin
Forgot a key piece of info
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/2/2023 at 8:12 PM, BobInAustin said:

Any help on the ongoing issue would greatly be appreciated. I will contact support. I never get more than generic answers from them, but maybe this time it will be different. 

Hopefully this was resolved through support channels. However, if you need assistance from forum users, we'll need to know the domain name 🙂

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain

• 2 weeks later...