Question of Product Limits

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

In the Adding Products to your store article, at the bottom it mentions that there is a 10k limit for products per store page.
In the Commerce FAQ article, it mentions a site-wide limit of 10k products. 
But in the Pricing article,it mentions that with a Business, Commerce Basic, or Commerce Advanced plan that there is no limit to the number of proructs or services you can sell.

I am hoping to create a page with 38k products (car parts) available to view (not actually purchasable through the store, just informaitonal) where you can click a product from a table/search and it will take you to the page. Maybe that isn't feasible, but want to confirm product limits.

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
On 9/7/2023 at 4:40 PM, bstocksharp said:

I am hoping to create a page with 38k products (car parts)...where you can click a product from a table/search and it will take you to the page. Maybe that isn't feasible, but want to confirm product limits.

TLDR; You cannot have 38,000 physical products. There is a site limit of 10,000 products that is not impacted by the number of store pages on a site.

There is some inconsistency in the wording in those articles so I'll explain in more detail below. I've reported the issues with the documentation to the relevant teams to minimise confusion in future. 

On Squarespace, you are limited to 10,000 commerce products per site, regardless of the version you are using (v7.0 or v7.1) or the number of store pages you create. 

On the older version of Squarespace (version 7.0) you are limited to 200 commerce products per store page

On Squarespace 7.1, this has been increased to 10,000 commerce products per store page but you are still subject to the same site limit. For example, if you have 10,000 products on one page, you cannot add products to another page.

All of this refers to 'Commerce products' - the physical, service or digital-download products.

Squarespace has recently increased support for Digital Products, including the sale of online courses, videos and other gated digital content, and these are not subject to the same limits.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain