Customizing the calendar - changing the colour of the row of a specific day

Hi, I'm hoping to change the colour of all Wednesday to indicate closing dates of my space.

I have found this code only useful for Sunday and Friday, does anyone has a solution for Wednesday?

.yui3-squarespacecalendar .sunday{
color: #ffffff !important; background:
#b3b3b3 !important; }

Thank you!

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

7 minutes ago, creedon said:

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

Site: parakeet-puma-3stk.squarespace.com
Pw: goodgood

Thanks a lot!

• 3 months later...

Hi there, I'm having this exact same issue for .tuesday, .wednesday, and .thursday:

Screenshot2023-12-26at3_09_27PM.thumb.png.4f3d60a258560a3d995822a803359e8e.png

.sunday, .monday, .friday and .saturday are working fine. 

I tried removing my "today" color code:

.yui3-calendar-day.today {background:#ffffff!important}

in case the problem was because today is Tuesday, however that didn't help. I also tried deleting other code I had and that didn't help either.

Are there different words used for .tuesday, .wednesday, and .thursday's codes? Or does there appear to be another issue?

Thanks!

@littlepeanut I don't know why but the Squarespace YUI calendar doesn't have a tuesday, wednesday or thursday class applied to the respective columns so this is why you are unable to refer to these. It looks like you may be able to able to use calendar_col3calendar_col4 and calendar_col5 instead. For example:

.yui3-calendar-day.calendar_col3 {
  background:#fef799!important;
}

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

Hey @paul2009, it appears the code worked for December 2023, March 2024, and November 2024, however there's issues every other month. The issues are always on the Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and even the Fridays in June 2024.

Even though there are only 7 columns, I tried adding .yui3-calendar-day.calendar_col8 to see what would happen, and it would appear in different columns each month.

How can I fix this?

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 4.34.03 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 4.34.09 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 4.34.12 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 4.34.15 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 4.34.18 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 4.34.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 4.34.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 4.34.42 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 4.41.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 4.41.10 PM.png

What is the site URL?

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

I checked, but this is an issue with Squarespace's (very old) Calendar Block and it can't be fixed with CSS. 

The YUI library on which the Calendar Block is based in ten years old and so I don't expect anyone will be rushing to fix the lack of CSS support for column colors in the Sqsp version. That said, someone could write some custom JS to add classes to the remaining three columns so that CSS can be applied, but it will need to use an eventListener so that it runs after each calendar renderEvent.