Changing from 7.0 --> 7.1. Will this hurt my SEO?

Go to solution Solved by SEOSpace_Henry,

Hi!  
I need to update my husband's website which I created in 7.0 a long time ago.  I want to update it but it's not going well - feels very much like Squarespace is not supporting 7.0 sites anymore. So anyway - looks like it's time.  

Since I have to build a new site in 7.1, will I need to redirect his domain to this new version?  And will that change hurt his website presence at all, such as SEO?

Thank you for your input and help!

• Replies 2
  • Views 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hi @Debbie_C - moving from 7.0 to 7.1 won't hurt your SEO as long as you follow the below steps:

1. Map the URLs out the same on the 7.1 site as you did on the 7.0 site

2. If any of the URLs change, ensure to add 301 redirects

3. Complete an SEO audit on each of the new pages (my plugin has a free plan you can try)

4. Aim to add some more content (in the form of blogs that link to important pages) and backlinks if possible - this will help build momentum when you move

5. Ensure to submit your sitemap to Google Search Console when you move and manually request indexing on important pages of your site

Happy to answer any questions!

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png