SIMPLE stylized google (or other) calendar integration Recommendations needed

Hey there!

I need to integrate a Calendar into my SS site but the functionality of the SS Calendar block makes no sense for my use case.

I am building a site for a small boutique hotel. They DO NOT want to allow for bookings on their site (so no need for the Scheduling option) and they DON'T want anyone to be able to edit, amend their calendar, all they want is a calendar that shows block out dates for each of their rooms (of which there are 3). So having used Google Calendar for quite some time, I know it is possible to select a day range and assign that range a "calendar sub-section" with a color assignment. That is all I would really need. If Villa #1 is booked from Sept 1-8 I would assign it a RED BOOKED highlight, and if Villa's #2 & 3 are available they would be assigned a green AVAILABLE highlight. Make sense? (see attached pic)

Is there anyway to do the with Google OR OTHER service which can be somewhat styled either on their end (Google's) or on Squarespace's end?

Also IF there is a way to do this using built in SS tools please do let me know.. they don't want to pay $16/mo for a simple block out date calendar and I don't blame them.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 5.12.30 PM.png

Edited by Terraform
  • Replies 1
  • Views 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Terraform said:

Also IF there is a way to do this using built in SS tools please do let me know.

Not natively.

I don't have a solution but it is possible with custom code to push calendar blocks a bit.

image.thumb.png.5785f2ceb172d514eeae9a6e8531be0a.png

With my code and some custom CSS I achieved the above. I also had to come up with a URL slug pattern that CSS could use for the color effect.

With more custom code it might be possible to get things to line up more like the bars you show in your image.  It wouldn't be easy.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.