Image focal point seems broken

Hi,

I am trying to adjust the focal point on a background image for mobile view, but it does not seem to work. Is it a bug?
I added two pictures below: One in editing-mode that shows the wanted result. The other after having saved it - and that shows a different result. 

What am I doing wrong?

I am using Squarespace 7.1 on Mac OS,  website is: www.schulgestaltung.de

I am glad for any help!

Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-17 um 16.04.33.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-07-17 um 15.54.18.png

Edited by Lano

Hi Tuaphan,

Thanks a lot, that helps!

So I have to do this for every single picture searching for the date-section-id, right?

And it means: the focal point on bg-images does not work on mobile, right?

Thanks again for your help, very much appreciated!

Hello,

I'm creating my first site with Squarespace and I seem to have uncovered a bug with the focal points of images.

I have image blocks in one of my pages and I've updated their focal points in mobile to my liking, but it doesn't work outside of edit mode. I've checked the CSS properties of the images and I saw that the `image-position` property value is invalid: `object-position: 49 % 34 %;` instead of `object-position: 49% 34%;` (notice the extra space between the numbers and the percent signs in the incorrect version.)

I've attached two screen caps that show the edit mode and the view mode. In the first one, the focal point is correct while in the second one it's not.

Am I doing something wrong or is it actually a bug?

Thank you for your help!

Capture d’écran 2023-07-19 à 19.49.48.png

Capture d’écran 2023-07-19 à 19.50.07.png

When something isn't working as expected, I recommend that you contact Squarespace Customer Care. Let us know how you get on. 

I believe there is currently a bug affecting focal points on background images, but Customer Care can confirm whether this is still the case.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 hour ago, Jeahel said:

Am I doing something wrong or is it actually a bug?

Maybe it is the bug I discovered:

Hi. My name is Marc and I live in Berlin, Germany. I offer creatives services which include webdesign, art direction, photography and high end photo retouching. I also design movie & TV posters for national & international clients. I am specialized in everything. You can see my work on my websites - which I also created: www.marcperino.com & www.soapimages.com
spacer.png

Hi,

the landingpage of my Website is a fullscreen picture. The focal point I set seems not to work anymore, the head of the Person ist now under the menue-bar and half cut off, in mobile-mode the person ist too much on the left side. 
It worked before, this is new, i didn´t work on the website for weeks, any ideas why this suddenly happened and what to do about it? I already tried to upload the picture again, didnt change anything. No matter where I set the focal point, nothing happens.

Thanks in advance

Eric

Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-25 um 14.10.54.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-25 um 14.11.16.png

Seems to be a common issue at the moment, I would suggest that you contact Squarespace Support.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

On 7/22/2023 at 10:16 AM, tuanphan said:

You try changing to mobile view then adjust focus point

Hi tuanphan, 

thx for your reply. I tried that already, but it doesn't change anything. Still not changing the focus of the background image 🫤

Thank you, I contacted Squarespace, this is the answer:

You have done a great job so far and unfortunately, yes, we’re currently investigating an issue with being unable to set focal points in various areas of the website—thanks for reporting this to us. Our Engineering teams are prioritizing a fix for this as we speak.

There are many variables that we test against before we release a fix, so we can’t provide an exact timeframe for a resolution. We can’t always follow up personally when a fix is released due to the volume of reports we receive for this issue.

At this time we do not have a workaround for this issue, my apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause. 

1 minute ago, EricFFM said:

Thank you, I contacted Squarespace, this is the answer:

Sadly not a fix, but glad that the error has been noted, and hopefully being fixed.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link)