Code to Fix Newsletter Form fields on Google Sheets

My Newsletter block storage is linked to my Google Drive where subscriber info is stored on a Google sheet. I need to store my subscriber list in my Google Drive because Google has the option to be HIPAA compliant for no extra fees.

The issue I am experiencing is that the First and Last name fields within the Newsletter block are merged together into one cell when stored on google sheets. For email marketing purposes, we like to personalize by using our subscribers' first names but need their last names for other correspondence. I've reached out to Squarespace support, and they are aware of this issue with the Google Storage option but have no solutions. 

I believe my only options are to:

1. Use a form block to create two fields labeled First Name and Last Name. Does anyone know how to put the three fields (First, Last, & Email) in a single row to give the same look as the Newsletter block?

2. Continue to use the Newsletter block but figure out a way to add tags (or something) to help Google recognize the two separate fields. Does anyone know of a solution to correct this issue?

Any help, suggestions, or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 🙂 

• Replies 2
  • Views 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

You can just split the one column into two like this:

https://zapier.com/blog/split-text-excel-zapier/

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?