How to link a squarespace website with a squarespace registered domain

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi all

New to Squarespace. I created a basic website. I paid for the full subscription. I purchased 2 domains. 

Why am I finding it so hard to link them? I can make the website public using the really long squarespace domain, but not using my domain. This seems like it would be a super basic function, and since everything else has been super simple, I'm really stumped why this part is so hard? What am I missing please. There's also nobody at Squarespace to help with this, surely there would be a 24/7 chat line, but no.....

Many thanks - Matt

30 minutes ago, mutski said:

I purchased 2 domains. Why am I finding it so hard to link them? I can make the website public using the really long squarespace domain, but not using my domain.

It should be straightforward to add domain names, but it can take some time to take effect. What is the first domain name? Where did you purchase it from? Which steps have you tried? What happened?

Please note that a website can only have one primary domain. If you add another, it will redirect to the primary one.

Regarding support, you can contact Squarespace Customer Care directly here. Live chat is available Monday-Friday between 4AM and 8PM ET and from 10AM to 6PM AEST. At other times you can complete their support form and they'll email you back.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul. Firstly thanks for the quick response!

I purchased everything from Squarespace. The first domain (primary) is pacificelectronics.com.au.

I did lodge an email request with support, very surprised they don't have people worldwide hours. Thanks

Untitled 2.jpg

• Solution
5 minutes ago, mutski said:

I purchased everything from Squarespace.

Then it should be possible to connect it like this:

Click on the domain in your account dashboard (in your screenshot)

Open the Domains panel.

Click the domain you’d like to move from its “parking page”.

Scroll down and click Move Domain to Another Site

In the pop-up window, click the featured image of the site you are moving it to.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.