Text box for shop welcome page ONLY

The same "welcome" text box is at the top of every page of my store. I would love have it just appear on the homepage; that way when the user clicks on a link, they see the items/categories from the new page, instead of the same text they just saw on the last page.

Right now, seeing the same text again and again gives the feel that something's wrong with the pages- specifically that you're being directed to the homepage again and again), and unless you know to scroll past the text, you'll have no idea that there are items to see. Help! 🙂 

image.png

As you've discovered adding a section to the store page adds that section to all grid/list pages.

I have a couple of pieces of code that might help. Let's go with the simpler one first.

Please see the following.

If you need more complex formatting than this code provides let me know and I can point you to another code.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

10 hours ago, creedon said:

As you've discovered adding a section to the store page adds that section to all grid/list pages.

I have a couple of pieces of code that might help. Let's go with the simpler one first.

Please see the following.

If you need more complex formatting than this code provides let me know and I can point you to another code.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you- am I looking at the code from Github? If so, how do I adapt it for use with my site, and there are a number of text instructions- am I extracting those? I'm sorry, but I'm a novice at this and just don't understand how it's supposed to go in. 

2 hours ago, ShineOnEditingSOE said:

am I looking at the code from Github?

Yes. I store my code for Squarespace effects on Github.

how do I adapt it for use with my site

You don't have to adapt the code. It is written specifically for use on Squarespace.

there are a number of text instructions- am I extracting those?

You don't have to extract them. Just read and follow the steps.

One tip I can add. When confronted with a code listing, you can use the copy button to get it into your clipboard so you can paste it into the location specified in the install instructions.

ScreenShot2023-05-31at10_35_13AM.png.321c5999df74220d8c4bf4db2e3a4d4f.png

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I couldn't get it to work; I must have been doing something wrong. I just deleted the welcome section. Thanks anyway!

But I will say that squarespace needs to rethink this aspect. Not being able to customize from the front end is terribly inconvenient. It's literally an extra block for one page. It shouldn't be THIS difficult.

Edited by ShineOnEditingSOE