Alphabetize Blog Posts or Blog Summaries

This might be a long shot...

I'm using a mix of blogs/summaries/categories to create a business directory on a website. Businesses will be added frequently, and it would be best for them to display alphabetically. 

Right now, blog posts are organized by publish date, which is not relevant for the way I'm using it. I could manually change dates to alphabetize, but that won't help my client when they add businesses in the future.

Does anyone know of a custom code or way to have them automatically alphabetized?

You would be a hero!!!! 

Edited by brittanystatt
  • Replies 2
  • Views 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The SquareWesbites Universal Filter is great for doing things like this:

https://squarewebsites.peachs.co (affiliate)

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

On 5/11/2023 at 6:55 PM, brittanystatt said:

I'm using a mix of blogs/summaries/categories to create a business directory on a website. Does anyone know of a custom code or way to have them automatically alphabetized?

This can be custom-coded but it's complex so I'd recommend buying a solution that someone has already written.  

You didn't provide a link to the page/site but if you are using a Summary Block, you may want to use a combination of the Lazy Summaries plugin and the Universal Filter plugin. The Lazy Summaries plugin does have some limited sorting capabilities built in, but the main function is to improve the way that the posts are displayed and increase the number of posts that are shown in a Summary Block. The Universal Filter extends the sort/filter capabilities massively and can work with both Summary Blocks and Bog pages directly.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance