Customer Account Panel Change

Thanks a lot for this!

I've tried to customise the page using the ss created names and also the ones you've provided in the link above, however, no change is detected on my end.

This is what I've been testing out just to see if its registering it but no luck so far

<x-twc-capc-style style="display : none;">

.twc-capc-close {
    font-weight: 700;
  }

</x-twc-capc-style>

I might have done it wrong not sure.

But the LOGIN PAGE code that you also did, there I didnt have issues with the CSS, they were registering pretty quickly and I could see the changes I was making. 

Thanks 

Thank you for your report. You have found a bug! I'll need to make a round of updates to this code and my Member Area Log In Dialog Change code, I think.

If I've sussed out what is happening, the two codes are crossing their streams. So the code that runs last is sending it's CSS into Customer Account Panel and the Member Area Log In Dialog Change.

It may take several days for me to update my code. Stay tuned.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

21 hours ago, NewbiefromUK said:

.twc-capc-close {
    font-weight: 700;
  }

This won't work because of CSS Specificity.

This would work.

.twc-capc-title-close .twc-capc-close {

font-weight : 700;

}

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Thank you for this! It worked yes! 

Just a note again about any bugs and so on :] I think the refresh issue is also happening with this code and in this section, If I open the profile page (customised) and then refresh it while open then after closing it and opening it right up again it tends to go back to its original form.

I had a quick question about the DARK OVERLAY you get when you click on LOGIN or SIGN IN or the ACCOUNT once you are signed in which also has a spinning wheel for about 1,2 seconds where the background gets a darker overlay.  Would you know the element name for it ? I am trying to remove the dark overlay and instead have a white overlay which is the effect of most of my elements in the website.

I've managed to make the background transparent when I click on SIGN IN and then once it gets the window up the background is transparent but there is a brief moment where the background is dark while spinning wheel shows and then it goes to transparent when the click function is processed. I am not sure exactly how to target that moment I would also like to remove this from both the SIGN IN and USER ACCOUNT PROFILE elements when I click on them. 

Regards 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2023 at 2:53 PM, NewbiefromUK said:

I think the refresh issue is also happening with this code and in this section

I have updated the code. From the changes.

fix for code not running is some circumstances

• 3 months later...

Hi @creedon,

Thanks for sending me this link. Unfortunately I spent a couple hours yesterday trying to adjust your code to hide the "Orders" section or even just the text because it is confusing to our site visitors because they place "orders" using a Jotform and it doesn't update the account dashboard. I am very new with Jquery and I'm sure I'm doing it wrong, but What I added above your accountFrameCallback comment is the following:

<x-twc-capc-style style="display : none;">

[optional, enter css here replacing square brackets]

</x-twc-capc-style>

<script>

if ( window.twc == undefined ) window.twc = { };

twc.capc = {

title : '[Welcome to the fette]',

/*

accountFrameCallback is a custom function ...

Can you help me at all or is this beyond the scope of a forum?

Thanks,
Seth

4 hours ago, sethhoffman said:

By the way I realize you said we can't hide something with this

One might be able to, I don't know as I've not done it.

What I did say was this code doesn't do the hiding but gives one the ability to potentially write code that can hide stuff.

5 hours ago, sethhoffman said:

Can you help me at all or is this beyond the scope of a forum?

You have introduced syntax errors into my code.

ScreenShot2023-08-15at12_30_39PM.png.4b510a54ba8d65add2bde417c11ca904.png

It looks like you are trying to write a JavaScript function? If you are just hiding elements you probably only need the proper CSS. I may be able to help with that.

But before I do that I need to adjust my code. Apparently SS made some changes and I need to account for the changes.

It may take me several days to make the changes. In the meantime remove my code.

I'll post back when the code is updated.

I have updated my cited code in the original post of this thread.

From the read me changes.

• changed twc-capc-title-close class to twc-capc-header
  • fix for code not running after apparent changes by Squarespace

Let me know how it goes.

If you are just hiding elements you probably only need the proper CSS. I may be able to help with that.

To hide the Order section of the Customer Account panel set the following line in my code...

[optional, enter css here replacing square brackets]

...to...

.twc-capc-orders {

display : none;

}

Let us know how it goes.

@sethhoffman

• 6 months later...

@creedon

Hi there,

Just regarding this code, Ive had few breaks in the past month or so maybe 2 so I had to re-do the things again few times because of code change (the weird letters .xyhijiajar etc.) 

Thats pretty much how I am targeting the sections that I want to change since I dont know a better way but your twc_caps_styling is there a way we can create Custom selectors for the areas we want to target as its kind of frustrating to keep doing this over and over to maintain the style.

I dont understand the twc classes or whatever they are so thats why I decided to ask as they've rolled out changes that affected these areas 2 times now in a span of few weeks

Regards