Title Language Translation

Hello all,

A very amateur 'website builder' here, I decided to join because I had a number of more specific questions that are above my skill level. A first technical question here -- I hope this is the right place to post -- is I am using Weglot to translate my website from English to French. It's a photo archive for First World War imagery. 

I recently edited the Weglot title text to keep it in English in both languages, but if you mess around with it here in French, the title language changes depending on what page you're on (try French -> Accueil, then Contact). Why is it doing this ?

Does anyone have any recommendations for the site? Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Edited by Thomas13
  • Replies 5
  • Views 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems as I'm messing around with it it changed itself for "Acceuil", but I don't understand how it's translating itself differently on different pages. The only pages that refuse to change now are "Les Visages" and "Les Histoires". Thank you.

Edited by Thomas13

Hi, Weglot Support here.
Do you mean that you're trying to make an element displayed the same way on the original English version and on the translated French version?
In this case, Weglot proposes a Glossary tool to help you add some specific translation rules in order to indicate if you want a word or a group of words to never or always be translated in a specific way.
See > https://support.weglot.com/article/130-translations-exceptions

If you need further help to hesitate to contact us at support@weglot.com and we'll be glad to help 🙂

Cheers

Good afternoon,

Thank you both for these responses, @Eugene_Weglot I'm particularly interested in learning more about Weglot as I'm struggling with the translations and my custom commands.

Please let me know if I need to start a new thread, but in my photo archives "The Faces", the individual sections are coded to have a photo, and descriptions below including date, unit, and location, and for some reason after manual Weglot translations they render totally sporadic and unreliable. Some translations break the soft breaks I have between caption text, some simply do not save, and some render date or location twice for no explicable reason.

Could we talk more @Eugene_Weglot? Thank you.