Business opening hours as text.

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi, 

I'm trying to create a feature on the homepage of my website where I can have a line of text saying something like "The museum is open today from XXX to XXX" which will pull the opening times from an events calendar I have. And if there is no event on that day for the text to change to something like "The museum is closed today@ I know it's a big ask but I'm not sure where to start. 

I've attached a screenshot of a similar feature on another website. I'm running on 7.0 with the Commerce Basic plan.

Thank in advance 🙂 

Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 00.41.27.png

• Replies 3
  • Views 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

If it helps, I provided some example code in this post. It shows the opening hours for today by pulling this information from a list of hours. I hope this gets your started 🙂.

If this simpler alternative is not enough, you'd need to process the events page JSON to calculate the opening hours for today and then use these instead.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2024 at 3:06 PM, sissom said:

@DanPrime. Interesting idea to do it this way, DanPrime. Please tell me, how did I not think of this before?
think it would be useful if the college website also used such a function on its site and announced where and which exams are being held. Once, during my school days, I wasn't informed that my exam had been rescheduled to another day. I was terribly behind with my exam. I was preparing day and night, and as a result, I used the  https://essays.edubirdie.com/business-management-assignment service and did my assignment well. I came to college, and the classes were canceled. Can you imagine how upset I was?

You must be new to this! But I wish you continued growth and development!

Edited by Gabriellle