Two domains - would like two different web sites - how do I split them as now both point to same website

I have three domain names linked to one website= 3 domains and 1 website.  How do I create a separate web-site for one of the 'spare' domains.  So three domains and two websites.  So how do I convert a second domain to a second independent web-site.  Assume it is fairly straightforward but I have no idea where to start as I built the first one a long time ago

Thank you

Pierre

• Replies 1
  • Views 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DrDiamond said:

I have three domain names linked to one website= 3 domains and 1 website.  How do I create a separate web-site for one of the 'spare' domains.  So three domains and two websites.  So how do I convert a second domain to a second independent web-site.  Assume it is fairly straightforward but I have no idea where to start as I built the first one a long time ago

Thank you

Pierre

If you are building the additional site on Squarespace you will need to have it paid before you can transfer your domain to it. If it's a domain that is hosted with Squarespace, you would go under Settings, Domains, click on the domain you want to move to the new site and then Move Domain to Another Site. 

If the domain is hosted elsewhere you would disconnected it and then reconnect it with DNS or forward it from the domain provider.