Email campaign not delivering 100%

Hi, I have had a lot of friends say they didn't receive our newsletter (it's not in their junkmail) and was just wondering why it says 100% sent but only 97% delivered? Why are those 114 people not receiving the email campaign? 

I've tried to find the email addresses for those "sent" and "delivered" categories but I can't find a way to view them or export them. I would like to find a way to see those 114 that weren't delivered so I can try and resend to them.

I have one friend whose email address is in the system, she subscribed a day before the blast went out and under her profile it says she is subscribed to the newsletter mailing list but she still didn't receive the email.

This was the folder with csv files i got after the campaign went out and i don't really know what that means but her address is not in here anywhere:
Unsubscribed users: 1
Subscribed users: 44
Cleaned: 1

ScreenShot2023-04-06at7_05_00am.thumb.png.76db395acc11f5d00a8f54072723e147.png

Edited by laurencharge
  • 1 month later...

@laurencharge @Mortimers 

Have you assessed the quality of your mailing list by using a third party service like BriteVerify or ZeroBounce.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 3 weeks later...

I just had the same thing happen to me on a smaller email campaign.  Even some of the email addresses that squarespace indicated were delivered were not, and they aren't in intended recipients spam folders either.  This is really inacceptable, and a huge headache to try to figure out what went wrong!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue, I have been using Squarespace email for years with no problems, this last email only 46% delivered, I sent test emails to 3 of my personal accounts and only 1 came through, and the others are not in junk email. Squarespace, I'm calling upon you, please help!!!

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 10.27.30 am.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone sent an email to customer support? I am in communication with them over email. So far they tested it out and of course when they signed up it was delivered. I am working with them to figure out the problem. It would be helpful if everyone who has this problem sends them an email so we can let them know this is an issue. 

I'll report back if I get any answers. 

I'm having the same issue. Went back and forth with support and they blew me off saying that the problem was on the recipient's end. But of course it's not. I did a test campaign with my 5 personal email addresses all on different domains, and only 3 of them received it. I've done 20+ test emails and the same 2 email addresses never receive any emails. The same 3 always do. I switched to a third-party mailing list service and all 5 email addresses get the emails every time, so clearly the issue is on Squarespace's end. Their end is likely misconfigured which is causing the recipient's mail servers to mark it as spam, or worse yet it's just not being delivered at all. So frustrating. 

Long story short, SquareSpace's mail servers are on known spam blacklists. Many mail providers (Microsoft O365 is the one I know for sure) are blocking all emails from SquareSpace email campaigns because of this. I passed along the root cause to SquareSpace and they told me they aren't going to do anything about it and are refusing to help me. 

I work in tech and have years of experience in all facets of IT, many of which are with mail servers. So I knew specifically where to look. Below are the nerdy details for anyone who is interested. 

I've spent considerable time both troubleshooting this myself and going back and forth with one of the email providers 
for the email account that is not receiving the email. The mail server team for one of the accounts said the issue is that their mail servers are marking the emails as spam due to the source IP address of SquareSpace's mail server. They said this is occurring because their mail server IPs are on known blacklists for sending spam. Therefore some email providers, such as theirs, are blocking the emails and marking them as spam. I have had deliverability issues with two domains in particular, and they both use Microsoft O365 cloud email, which I suspect is not a coincidence.

I ran an email deliverability report to see if I could get more information about the blacklist, and I was able to. Here is the result of the report: https://mxtoolbox.com/deliverability/003a921c-e8f3-4d3c-82dc-57adb9281392

As you can see, under "relay information", it shows the SquareSpace mail server IPs are on a blacklist. If you click the red circle with an X in it it sends you to this page with more information: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a%3A%3Affff%3A8&run=emailheaders

If you scroll down to the "received header" section, and look at the "received: from" line, you can see the IP that sent the email. That IP is ::ffff:8.36.86.48. If I do a lookup on that IP, this page tells me that Squarespace owns the IP: https://search.dnslytics.com/ip/::ffff:8.36.86.48

That specific IP is also blacklisted: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a%3a%3affff%3a8.36.86.48&run=toolpage

So this confirms that the issue is on the SquareSpace end. Yet they are refusing to fix it. So I guess I am taking my money to another mailing service, one that knows how to properly remain off of a spam blacklist service.