How to edit the merchant email "A new order has arrived" to include item details

• Replies 9
  • Views 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, kimmme said:

When I receive these the email notifications do not include order details, only the Item Title.  I need the Item Decription to be included.  Is this possible?

The order notification will include the product title, the SKU, the variant(s) and any information included on a custom product form. Can you explain the issue for me? Why is the product description important?

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

So that I can see what they purchase, there are details not in the "Product Title".  I've been having to print out pages of emails dicussing their order and I really need it to just print on this order confirmataion email.  I was previously using Paypal invoices but am hoping I can use the order confirmations as a paid invoice (which to me that makes sense).

Maybe the "custom product form" is what I should be using (I'm unaware of this option/form) if all info from this will be included?  

Edited by kimmme
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 9:40 PM, kimmme said:

Maybe the "custom product form" is what I should be using (I'm unaware of this option/form)

Please see Creating a custom product form.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

I'm already using a custom form for the customer to complete in order to get a quote, I don't think is the solution - what I'm doing is creating the "item" in the commerce/inventory area so that thay can make a payment.  On the completed order email notification I want the email to  include details of the order - not just simply the "title" of the item.    

If this doesn't work that way then I'll have to find another option for invoicing, but I'm hoping this can work as I want to keep everything within the Square site.  I mean, it's what I'm paying the high price to have a Square site, am I right??  

13 minutes ago, kimmme said:

what I'm doing is creating the "item" in the commerce/inventory area so that thay can make a payment.  On the completed order email notification I want the email to  include details of the order

To give us some context, can you provide an example of a product and the details?

Aboslutely.  I create this inventory so that I can link a customer to make a payment.  

Product name is:  Custom Order for Liz 

Description is:

• 6" Choc/Van cake with boho rainbow topper 

• 1 doz cookies + ribbons 

• 1 dozen macarons (ombre if possible)     

• 1 dozen cake pops (choc/van/rv)

• Pink/blush/boho color palette for baby shower “Sophia Grace”

• PICKUP: 9a on Fri Feb 17

My email notification only shows:

image.png.25a7bccc09805431e447a3d1a98c4a2a.png

And what I'd like is for the email to include everything in the Item Description.  (consider it as my 'packing list')

Clipboard02.png

Edited by kimmme

Thank you for the additional info. I can see you are using this as a substitute for an invoicing solution. There isn't a practical workaround for this because products weren't designed to be used in this way. Sorry.

This is a commerce site, so I'm confused.  What would be the proper use of the products I pay for on this Square site account to generate invoicing/packing slips?  Are you saying there is a better way, or that there is no way, to generate what I'm trying to generate?