How to show vertical aspect ratio in one gallery and horizontal in another?

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Hi,

I have just about finished my website for selling photographic prints, however I have hit a roadblock displaying vertical format products in a gallery and horizontal format images in a different gallery. I have discovered that I can only display one format of images across the site!!! Seriously Squarespace are you kidding me? Sorry folks, rant over, but this is a huge disappointment considering todays technology.

So I have been hunting the forum and not found any great solutions. The best I have found is to use some code to "object-fit" the image into the default aspect ratio so nothing is chopped off. However in my case this looks very poor in my landscape format gallery with small thumbnails and lots of space around each image (see second image below where I have added a dotted line showing the vertical format constraints). I should say that my vertical format gallery page is great (see first image below), and am very happy with that.

Note that I also tried setting a square format as a compromise to suit both formats, but it is not a great option either.

What I need to do is be able to set my second gallery to a 3:2 horizontal aspect ratio so that it does not affect my first gallery which is 2:3 vertical.

Can anyone suggest how I might achieve that with some code please? Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Damien

Gallery Portrait.jpg

Gallery Landscape.jpg

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

but all other pages are not active as yet, and the site is not password protected. So I am not sure if you can see those pages at this point?

I'm not able to see the pages. Check out the section of my previous post about how to share URLs so that you can post them for us.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.