***I need help hiding the option to create account on members pages. LOGIN only needed.

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I am currently building a Membership Site for a Military Sorority. We want to regulate access to the account and eliminate the option to Create an Account and only have the option to sign in only. This way, my client can vet the potential members through their application process and manually create an account that the approved new member can log in to.

The issue right now is when you go to login on to a membership page, the popup still has the option to create an account on it. 

Does anyone have a solution for this problem or some code that can get rid of all options to create an account on the site and have it as strictly a login option?

They have already invested in the Membership add-on, so I would prefer to stay with it if it can be resolved. But, if there is not an option to solve this within the Squarespace Membership, then can anyone recommend an alternate service that I could link them to that would provide the same services?

• Replies 1
  • Views 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
21 hours ago, KojoTate said:

I am currently building a Membership Site. We want to regulate access to the account and eliminate the option to Create an Account and only have the option to sign in only. Does anyone have a solution for this problem or some code that can get rid of all options to create an account on the site and have it as strictly a login option?

I'd love to tell you better news, but this isn't currently possible. I've been advocating for this feature since Member Areas launched in November 2020. It's the number one issue on my list of member area limitations because it prevents Member Areas being used for so many client use cases, for example where the content contains personal details or 'valuable' information. 

You can create the illusion of security - you may read other posts that tell you it is possible to prevent unwanted signups by adding some code or by password protecting the join page - but these aren't really solutions, they are just tricks to try to hide the flaw. However, it will still exist. To use an analogy, these suggestions are the equivalent of locking your front door but leaving the key under the doormat. It may look secure, but only until someone looks under the mat.

As I mentioned in my limitations post, if you find this deal breaking, please log a support ticket with Squarespace to ask for this feature so that they understand how many potential users are affected. I'd love this to be fixed.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.