Feature request: Resend email to unopened recipients.

Site URL: http://aarongang.com

I can't be the only one who is frustrated with the lack of power and functionality with squarespace email marketing. I can't resend an email to just the unopened people. All the basic features of mailchimp etc are lacking here. Are there any plans to make email marketing powerful here or should I move on to an actual email service?  If I've missed a thread where this is discussed, could I get directions to that thread, please?

Mailchimp is an industry leading newsletter platform. SS is for a different audience. You can connect MailChimp to SS and my advice would be to do that. You will never get that feature set on SS. Just helping you out based on what I see and know of both.

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/4/2021 at 10:47 PM, aarongang said:

Site URL: http://aarongang.com

I can't be the only one who is frustrated with the lack of power and functionality with squarespace email marketing. I can't resend an email to just the unopened people. All the basic features of mailchimp etc are lacking here. Are there any plans to make email marketing powerful here or should I move on to an actual email service?  If I've missed a thread where this is discussed, could I get directions to that thread, please?

Has this been sorted? I actually wanted to do this after a campaign where less than half of the recipients didn't open the emails. 

On 12/19/2022 at 8:24 PM, EightySeven said:

One big feature I’d love to see brought to Squarespace is the ability to re-send an email to unopened recipients. It’s a key way to increase opens that would be a huge help.

I recommend being very cautious about re-sending campaigns. Please bear in mind that the 'unopened' metric is no longer reliable - on any platform - because your recipients can open the email without triggering tracking mechanism(s), for example by blocking images. This means that recipients may already have read the email and, if you re-send the campaign, it is more likely to annoy your recipients. This can result in your recipients  unsubscribing and therefore missing future campaigns or, much worse, they may report your emails as spam.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.