WTF?! 1st time using 7.1 (after years of 7.0!!) and I don't understand how to change nav position!!

I am so confused. I feel like I'm trying to do the simplest thing and I can't figure it out -- or even the css to make it happen. I want to just give up and go back to my best friend Brine. I don't see the option to put the nav centered above the logo in the header options. And I can't find any  7.1 css out there that tells you how. 

Attached is picture. I know how to do it in Brine but I'm TRYING to make the new leap. 

Thank you to anyone who can help with any words of wisdom.  You are nice. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 8.18.40 PM.png

I can understand your frustration. v7.1 header arrangements are much more limited compared to some of the v7.0 templates.

If Brine (v7.0) does what you need why deal with v7.1? I don't see v7.0 going away anytime soon but keep in mind that many of the new v7.1 and beyond features don't come to v7.0.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Thank you Creedon. If 7.0 isn't going away I think I will stick with it.  I thought for sure tho that anything I needed to do I could find 7.1 code to figure it out but I can't. I don't even know the new way to write the css -- i have a couple of clients and the things I've promised them I don't think I'll be able to figure out in 7.1 in time.

The thing is I WANT to be on the latest platform with all the bells and whistles-- is there a good 7.1 css tutorial you can recommend. Is there a way to use css to simply put the logo BELOW the nav. It seems so simple! Thank you and thank you for listening to me! 

is there a good 7.1 css tutorial you can recommend.

I don't have ones to recommend as I am familiar with CSS and HTML so when I need to get something done I just dig into the browser inspector.

Is there a way to use css to simply put the logo BELOW the nav.

I don't know. One of the things that was modified in v7.1 was the header was simplified compared to some of the header options available on some of the v7.0 templates, to folks frustration.

I suggest if you want to tackle v7.1 issues, post one issue in a new thread or add to one that already exists.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.