Jump to content

Split Navigation in 7.1 Fluide Engine

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

Recommended Posts

Hello, I am would like to create a split navigation using the code from Station 7, see here 

/*Make split navigation*/
.header-nav {
    position: absolute;
    top: 5px;
    bottom: 0;
    margin-top: 0!important;
    margin-left: -50px!important;
}

.header-nav-item:nth-of-type(2) {
    margin-right: 340px!important;
}

.header-title-logo a {
    z-index: 1000;
    position: relative;
}

This used to work perfectly fine, but since using Fluid Engine, the split does not work anymore and the links are all pushed to the left side.

Is there any way to make this work in Fluid Engine?

Thank you for your help.

 

 

Link to comment

Fluid Engine won't affect that code. Maybe another code conflict with your code.

If you use a Business Plan or higher, you can set layout to Left Nav - Middle Logo, we can give another code to create split navigation.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment

@tuanphanThank you for your response. This is really strange as I am hardly using any customised CSS, just the Squarekicker extension. Could that be a reason.

The site is still on trial and will launch next month using the Business Plan. It would be great if you can give me another code to create a split navigation. Thank you.

Link to comment
On 11/22/2022 at 5:53 PM, onika said:

@tuanphanThank you for your response. This is really strange as I am hardly using any customised CSS, just the Squarekicker extension. Could that be a reason.

The site is still on trial and will launch next month using the Business Plan. It would be great if you can give me another code to create a split navigation. Thank you.

You can change header layout to Left Nav - Middle Logo, then share url, we can check & give code easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment

@tuanphanthis is the URL https://stillness-within.squarespace.com/ - I added the following code, but the navigation does not split:

/*Make split navigation*/
.header-nav {
    position: absolute;
    top: 5px;
    bottom: 0;
    margin-top: 0!important;
    margin-left: -50px!important;
}

.header-nav-item:nth-of-type(2) {
    margin-right: 340px!important;
}

.header-title-logo a {
    z-index: 1000;
    position: relative;
}

There is no code interfering as far as I can tell.

Thank you so much for your help!

Link to comment
On 11/25/2022 at 5:16 PM, onika said:

@tuanphanthis is the URL https://stillness-within.squarespace.com/ - I added the following code, but the navigation does not split:

/*Make split navigation*/
.header-nav {
    position: absolute;
    top: 5px;
    bottom: 0;
    margin-top: 0!important;
    margin-left: -50px!important;
}

.header-nav-item:nth-of-type(2) {
    margin-right: 340px!important;
}

.header-title-logo a {
    z-index: 1000;
    position: relative;
}

There is no code interfering as far as I can tell.

Thank you so much for your help!

What is access password?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment
  • Solution
On 11/29/2022 at 3:58 PM, onika said:

stillness

Add this to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Footer

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
  $(document).ready(function() { 
		$('nav.header-nav-list').clone().insertBefore('.header-actions.header-actions--right>.showOnMobile');
	});
</script>
<style>
  .header-nav nav>div:nth-child(n+3) {
    display: none;
}
.header-actions.header-actions--right>nav>div:nth-child(-n+2) {
    display: none;
}
.header-actions.header-actions--right>nav:nth-child(2) {
    display: none;
}
.header-nav-item:not(:last-child) {
    margin-right: 1.5vw;
}
</style>

Explain

  • Script code will duplicate Left Nav & add to Right of Header
  • First <style> code will hide item 3 + item 4 in Left Nav
  • Second <style> code will hide item 1 + item 2 in Right Nav
  • Third code will hide white space on right

image.thumb.png.b26cb4a6142637e0c6b548ae31ba455b.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment
On 12/2/2022 at 10:41 AM, tuanphan said:

Add this to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Footer

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
  $(document).ready(function() { 
		$('nav.header-nav-list').clone().insertBefore('.header-actions.header-actions--right>.showOnMobile');
	});
</script>
<style>
  .header-nav nav>div:nth-child(n+3) {
    display: none;
}
.header-actions.header-actions--right>nav>div:nth-child(-n+2) {
    display: none;
}
.header-actions.header-actions--right>nav:nth-child(2) {
    display: none;
}
.header-nav-item:not(:last-child) {
    margin-right: 1.5vw;
}
</style>

Explain

  • Script code will duplicate Left Nav & add to Right of Header
  • First <style> code will hide item 3 + item 4 in Left Nav
  • Second <style> code will hide item 1 + item 2 in Right Nav
  • Third code will hide white space on right

image.thumb.png.b26cb4a6142637e0c6b548ae31ba455b.png

Thank you very much, this is working perfectly!

 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.